• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Site Name

DanQ

I need some help in choosing a name for a project.

The site will be for free hosts to screen clients and find out a 'risk score' before activating accounts. Any ideas?

clientrisk.com (or hyphenated).

How exactly would this work? Its not like a host would have access to a social security # or the like and email addresses are a dime a dozen.

How exactly would this work? Its not like a host would have access to a social security # or the like and email addresses are a dime a dozen.

A number of factors will be used to generate a score, ip address, email address, country, is the ip a proxy, to name a few.

I'm hoping to also create an API so iPanel, WHMCS and THT can all interact with the service.

This could be a really clever idea.

I can see a bunch of ways to make it work too.

Dunno what to call it though, only names I have at the moment are generic like hostingsafe.

It would be interesting to see how this would actually work in practice, i will keep an eye on your developments.

I do see some privacy issues arising though.

Emm, i think this name is very good.
And i sugggest the post owner consider this.

It would be interesting to see how this would actually work in practice, i will keep an eye on your developments.

I do see some privacy issues arising though.

I follow privacy topics on the web, and I agree there are some extremely tricky parts. Once you get your client's signup info, you're now holding an arbitrary metric pigeonholing him/her as some grade of client.

One part of my sprawling thread on free hosts is that free hosts which go under create privacy risks because their data vanishes into the darkest depths of the web. Now you're adding a new one, tied to a client's name.

There is a lot of risk (!) of mislabeling by a bad algorithm, but in our current news hysteria bad press sticks, so if a host using your formula goes under and the data gets out, you'll see scrapers grabbing that info. "Want to know how you rate as a web client?"

Back