• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Since domainzero died, i need a new domain host

roblev

Since domainzero died, I need a new host that will allow me to change the nameservers for that domain. I have not found any. Can anyone help????

DomainZero hasn't "died," they've just reconstructed their business plan. If you registered the domain through them, then just sign into the control panel like you normally would.

There is often some confusion about domain names, DNS, and free web hosts.

The only thing that FWP provide is the hosting. You have to either point your nameservers to them or point your IP to them (via centralinfo or some other DNS).

The FWP is in no way responsible or even able to switch your DNS for you. Like Justin said, if you already have a domain with DZ, then just go to the control panel and you can change the DNS (or IP pointing) there. This has nothing to do with the host.

Anyway, I hope this clears some of the confusion :)

Still....

I know domainzero didn't die, but I still need a webhost that will stay around for me to have a website for at least 5 years and it will let me change my nameservers.

All I want is to be able to change my nameservers.

Maybe if I ask namezero polite enough, they will change the nameservers for me? It is worth a try!

Namezero will never change the nameservers...thats an integral part of their service...

If you want control over your nameservers, the only thing you can do is purchase your domain...

Domainzero, the only one to allow you to do that will prob no longer allow you one year from now :(

You really didn't think they were going to register your domain for you for nothing and then let you change the nameservers now? Tip: Pay $10 and you can change nameservers everyday! Really, these free services are great, but not if you want control over your domains.

Has $10 gotten to be a huge amount since last year... Heck, dont eat lunch for a day and you have a domain for a year...

There are some even accepting checks now...so it coudn't be easier !

Back