• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoutcast Question

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hi,

Is it possible to have a shoutcast server stream content already on the server rather than having to broadcast it from my PC? I want to have something stable.

Thanks

That or in the config there is a setting to play a mp3 file when ever someone connects and there is no stream source.

Make it 1 big mp3 file :p

I know it is possible I have seen it done. But I don't remember how or where :(.

This brings up a good possibility of copyright infringement unless you plan on putting only copyright free music onto the server.

Any form of AutoDJ system.

AKA: Shoutcasts own version: sc_trans. google that, or look it up on their website and download the files for the documentation.

It works very well, and is relatively easy to setup.

AutoDJ, like Richard said, should do what you want.

You just upload the music to your server and the AutoDJ will play it when no other DJ is connected. This means that should you want to connect and do a live-show, you can - and the AutoDJ will start again afterwards.

If you use a windows server, you can have SAM Broadcaster installed on it running 24/7 and have it there :p

Back