• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should marijuana be legal for medical uses!

Toefur

Two Sheds
NLC
Seriously, great topic guys. I would never even consider smoking marijuana, I believe. And I don't even know if it scientifically does anything, but I think that if it helps people with horrible, horrible, terminal illnessess like cancer, then I'm all for it. To deny them is criminal, I believe.

What do you think?

It should be legal to those who need it to help them, if you are dying & this would help, then yes, it should be allowed but it shouldnt be legalized for all.

Sure it should. It's no more dangerous than morphine, and that stuff is standard practice in hospitals everywhere.

Legalizing it makes it safer, even if people who don't need it will still smoke it. Because let's face it, buying it at a pharmacy is a lot better than buying it off that really shifty guy in his trashed apartment.

We all know why it's used medically, and if there's no legal issue with it, they should keep using it. But also, I have a theory that a lot of people smoke it purely because it is illegal. And I think if it were legal a lot of people would just stop. Because the whole rebellious connotations of the drug are just gone.

I don't know, that's just me.

For medical purposes...if it helps, go for it! As far as I know, it isn't insanely addictive like certain painkillers, so no problem there. Of course, inhaling smoke isn't all that good for you. But if that's the worst side effect, it's not too bad.

Canuckkev said:
For medical purposes...if it helps, go for it! As far as I know, it isn't insanely addictive like certain painkillers, so no problem there. Of course, inhaling smoke isn't all that good for you. But if that's the worst side effect, it's not too bad.

Smoking is not the only way to get it into the system. There's the stoner favourite of special brownies (cooked with ganja butter, no less!) or, the more medical procedure (I'm guessing) of using a vapourizer. No smoke necessary. Although I believe that you get REALLY ----ed up when you use a vapourizer.

Or so I'm told.

Yea, smoking probably isn't the best way...It's just the social way! I really hate the smell, and the smell of users, so I'm all for alternative methods.

yea, it should be legal for all purposes. it's much less harmful than vicodin or alcohol. and if it were regulated by the gov't you know it would be safer too, so you wouldnt be getting it from some guy in an alley.

and using a vaporizer is much better for you than smoking, and you only get a mental high from it. it's much different from smoking or eating it....or so i've heard. ;-)

Last edited:
I THINK POTHEADS SHOULD BE SHOT!

Marijuana is bad. Drugs are bad. It should not be illegal.

... flame war.. BEGIN!

/me runs away quickly

:p

If you can prescribe such awful drugs as ritalin, I say legalize marijuana

if you legalize weed, you open the door for all the other little demons...

Imagine if you will, weed is now legal, and you have are scheduled for open heart surgery. Being that weed is now legal, your doc decides to smoke up a bit before his work is started. Fried out of his gourd, and unusually high due to the laced bag he bought from the neighborhood dealer with just the right amount of heroin to keep his customer, the doc is now confused. This confusion basically leads to medical malpractice. However, being there was no prerequisite, he is off the hook.

Go ahead legalize it, and watch what it does to the US. <and dont say it will be like Amsterdamn, because it won't be, we don't live in Europe, and the potheads who want to get it can, and those who don't want to smoke it, don't>

Isn't our education system bad enough? Now we are going to let legally high and burn outs have another excuse why they are still living at home with mom and dad at the age of 30.

All for a little high.

Bryson said:
if you legalize weed, you open the door for all the other little demons...

Imagine if you will, weed is now legal, and you have are scheduled for open heart surgery. Being that weed is now legal, your doc decides to smoke up a bit before his work is started. Fried out of his gourd, and unusually high due to the laced bag he bought from the neighborhood dealer with just the right amount of heroin to keep his customer, the doc is now confused. This confusion basically leads to medical malpractice. However, being there was no prerequisite, he is off the hook.

Go ahead legalize it, and watch what it does to the US. <and dont say it will be like Amsterdamn, because it won't be, we don't live in Europe, and the potheads who want to get it can, and those who don't want to smoke it, don't>

Isn't our education system bad enough? Now we are going to let legally high and burn outs have another excuse why they are still living at home with mom and dad at the age of 30.

All for a little high.

If it is legal the doctor will be buying it from a local shop like cigarettes or alcohol. He will not be buying it from a drug dealer in some alley. During prohibition a massive amount of alcohol was imported from Canada and sold via establishments or dealers similar to the way marijuana is now. After prohibition was repealed these sales stopped almost immediately as cheaper alcohol was available at more convient places completely legally. I see no reason why it would be any different with marijuana.

Replace marijuana in your example with alcohol causing the doctor to botch your surgery and you end up with the same results. If you wanted to stretch it you could even go as far as to say not sleeping enough could cause the doctor to botch your surgery.

With that said do you now force people to go to bed at a certain time to ensure they get enough sleep? Of course not that is just silly.

Do we ban alcohol to prevent the doctor from botching the surgery or killing someone while driving? No. You do not punish the many for what the few do.

Yes I know my reply is silly but, this situation and debate tends to get that way as well. The average person has it in their mind that marijuana is illegal because it is some terrible drug when it is medically no worse for you than cigarettes.

Back