• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Shoplifters

syd

NLC
NLC
How do you all deal with them?

I had a couple of kids, barely 12 years old, come by and put a whole bunch of juice bottles in their back baggy pockets (?WHY?). They started to walk away and I yelled infront of allllll the customers (cause it's hilarious to embarass shoplifters), "If you don't put those back and get out of the mall, I'm going to call the cops!!!" LOL.

One of them started crying, then they all threw the bottles back (smashing them) and ran. Hilarious!

You wonder why they'd steal apple juice instead of CDs or clothes :confused: :confused2

You don't see many shoplifters in these parts... even the little corner stores have pretty tight security... if the upc code on the product hasn't been scanned and someone tries to take the product from the store then the sensor in the door will activate an alarm. It's all on camera too... I find it quite surprising that just about every store has this same system in place.

Originally posted by Bruce
You don't see many shoplifters in these parts... even the little corner stores have pretty tight security... if the upc code on the product hasn't been scanned and someone tries to take the product from the store then the sensor in the door will activate an alarm. It's all on camera too... I find it quite surprising that just about every store has this same system in place.

Actually, its a magnet thats beeing un-magnetized (spelling...)

We had that too. The problem though was that my manager started putting them on all the big stuff instead of the little mickeys (fifths, for you Americans out there), the stuff people actually try to steal. I'm not going to need some little alarm sensor to notice someone is stealing a giant bottle of Rye.

I remember one time my manager caught two people trying to steal. He looked over at them and yelled (with customers all throughout the store) "Hey! You two! Put that away and get the ---- out of here! Now!"

What if you took a thing that demagnitizes it in to the store with you, would the demagnitizer set it off?

Originally posted by xzx
What if you took a thing that demagnitizes it in to the store with you, would the demagnitizer set it off?

Yes, it would.

It's a magnet, basicly, and the store clerks don't disable it, they just take the bloody thing off.

They dont take it off.

Well, depends.

there are 2 versions.

1. small plastic plate, about 7cm X 3cm. white, plastic with magnet it it. usually found on clothing items. They take it off when you pay.

2. small magnetized "thingy". Kind of a sticker, but magnetized. Found on cd's, books, dvd's, casettes, games, blabla. It's hidden INSIDE the box at 80% time or ontop, but the item has a plastic cover over it. Even books from the library have those. put a book in front of you so the thing that holds the book all together is on your left. Try to see under, between the plastic over the book and the actual glue that holds the pages together. There will be one of those stickers that can be magnetized/demagnetized by rubbing them on a special machine that is usually hidden under the counter near the cash register. Ever noticed the picture with a credit card with a huge X on it (meaning, dont put your cc here), well, thats the thing. 2-3 rubs and its demagnetized. They DONT take off those ones.

Shoplifting is dumb, especially when it's apple juice or CDs. Probably 99.9% of the time a shoplifter can afford to buy what he/she is stealing.

It's always fun to peel those little magnetic stickers off and put them on someone...

Blank- a couple months ago during stampede time a couple natives tried to B&E the liquor store.

They were in a stolen car and driving drunk. they set off the alarm, stole some booze and tried to drive off. They were pulled over about a block away for drunk driving. then the officer noticed the stolen car and the booze...

It's quite interesting around here during stampede time. The liquor store is almost out of stock at the end of every day (in the beer and whisky department, anyways. Half the people on the road are dsober, and nearly all the people off the road are drunk.

I do not understand why the magnetic tags on the merchandise in my store are so damn easily visible. RARELY they are inside the box, usually just stuck on the outside. Seriously, if someone wanted it, they would just peel the sticker off.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Shoplifting is dumb, especially when it's apple juice or CDs. Probably 99.9% of the time a shoplifter can afford to buy what he/she is stealing.

It's always fun to peel those little magnetic stickers off and put them on someone...

Blank- a couple months ago during stampede time a couple natives tried to B&E the liquor store.

They were in a stolen car and driving drunk. they set off the alarm, stole some booze and tried to drive off. They were pulled over about a block away for drunk driving. then the officer noticed the stolen car and the booze...

It's quite interesting around here during stampede time. The liquor store is almost out of stock at the end of every day (in the beer and whisky department, anyways. Half the people on the road are dsober, and nearly all the people off the road are drunk.
What's "Stampede time" ?

I am from Canada, yes.
But I don't know all the things that are happening on the other side.

More exactly, whats the calgary stampede?

Jesus Christ, boy, you must be Chretien's best friend, cause he has no idea what goes on out West either.

Gayo, we had the same problem during Stampede time. No rye, no scotch, no beer. There's a liquor store in downtown Calgary that got robbed twice in the same month...BY THE SAME GUY!!!

Stampede time is the time when the stampede is.

It's the local rodeo, which draws thousands of slackjawed yokels from across north america. It's second in size only to the Calgary Stampede.

Blank- Which downton liqor store was it? It might be the one I went to when I was in Calgary.

syd, where you from? usually shoplifters in America get away, even when you suspect them stealing juice, We can aways say, WTF you talkign about? I don't wanna steal your juice, I have money and I bought them on the store across the street. IT works everytime, unless there are camera, which they often don't have in "mini marks" and why were the bottle juice mad of glass bottles and plastic? also they probably didn't know that even if you saw them putting candy in there pocket, and you ask them to empty there pockets, they have the right to refuse.

I am from Canada and we don't take bullshit shoplifters in my store! It is also very uncommon for people to sue others here. This isn't a "I slipped in the store, pay me a million dollars" country!

Gayo, it was the Garrison Woods Safeway Liquor store. Apparently this guy hit like 8 other different liquor stores too, so chances are you were at one of 'em he took on. I think he held the clerk at knifepoint.

Originally posted by Johnny
i think all liquor store owners here still carrier double barrel shot guns.:D

They do around here. :confused2

Actually, a friend of mine took me on a tour around the liquor store he works at(whoopee doo, a tour of a liquore store). He showed me where he keeps the saw-off shotgun and ammo under the counter.

Back