• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sharp unveils 108 inch LCD and CES

[ih]Demetris

Ok this thing is a monster..i would love to have one if i could afford it..heres a pic of this monster here:

4DA0236227E7FCD2ED8437716BEC5.JPG

If you had the funds would you spring for one? Just curious to see how many tv fanatics we have lurking around these parts.

http://tech.msn.com/guides/ces/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=2279395&imageindex=2

How much is it? I think it's a realistic idea seeing as projectors are somewhat expensive and deliver a very average picture, and an LCD would be perfectly crisp. Also no need for replacing bulbs, and no need to buy a screen, projector mount, etc.

Panasonic do a 103 inch plasma. it is £50,000 at John Lewsi (including installation at around £5000) so it's around £45,000 ($90,000 approx.)

I would think Sharps one would be more expensive as it's LCD, people prefer LCD, well i do.. I reckon in a few months they'll be doing even bigger, always gets bigger and better and far more expensive! lol

so it's around £45,000 ($90,000 approx.)
A projector with a similar picture quality would cost ~10K (Marantz VP12S4)

It's still cheaper to get a pj if you want a huge screen. Until those huge LCD's drop by almost 75% I'll be a happy pj customer :)

Projectors are still the preferred way to get super huge images.

And I thought plasma was more popular than LCD?

108" would be nice but having the room for it to properly display would be another thing. Of course if you can afford the tv you can afford to have a room that big :)

I am getting ready to buy a 37" lcd, thats good enough for me!

I was talking about this yesterday... hehe, it'd be awesome to get! Just a bit out of my range right now :lol:

Get a rear projected dlp tv.
no burns and no dead pixels :) Although slightly fatter, but I wouldn't care at all.

can't hang a dlp above the fireplace though! About the only thing to deal with on dlp is replacing the lamp every now and again.

I think right about now LCD has got the market cornered. I think I am going to replace the 27" TV in my bedroom I have had since 1994 with a LCD also

Back