• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Serverbeach

CrystalWeb

Anyone here heard of them? They seem to have a great package, but i dont know if they are to be trusted since they are fairly new.

Url is http://www.serverbeach.com

Plesk Kahuna Server
Monthly Transfer: 400 GB
Processor: 1 GHz AMD
Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive Space: 60 GB
Support: Standard
Operating System: RedHat 7.2
Plesk PSA 2.5: 300 Domains
IP Space: 1 IP Address

Price:
$119.00 Monthly / FREE Setup
per month
FREE SETUP
Full Root Access
Network & Hardware SLA
Plesk PSA 2.5

Too good to be true?

I heard there servers are @ RackSpace if that helps you any.. you might want to double check that.

I think it was mentioned @ webhostingtalk.com, you might want to perform a search there.

I think I saw that post, and that it is in an old RackSpace facility that they recently sold due to never getting it up and running. Who knows.

Yes, read that post by Serverbeach at WHT too. They did indeed buy a small facility that used to be a Rackspace datacenter, but Rackspace sold it for some reason. Their offer looks nice, but are you going to pay $15 every time you want your server rebooted (at least that was what they had in their prices last week, dunno whether they have changed it since...). They were also a bit shady about transfer. They say 400 GB a month but then mention a load of stuff about bandwidth beeing a shared resource etc. in the small print. I'd really go through all the small print with a fine comb before I decided whether to sign up with them or not.

Last edited:
They sound good and bad...like the re-boot fee that is bad. I haven't heard anything about them really and not many have so experience is the only way to go

But 1 ip?

I now have a server with them. And the 15/reboot is if they have to do it manually. Otherwise you can do it though whatever control panel you have with them. They even knocked off that nasty 25 dollar setup fee on ip's for me!

Originally posted by CrystalWeb
I now have a server with them. And the 15/reboot is if they have to do it manually. Otherwise you can do it though whatever control panel you have with them. They even knocked off that nasty 25 dollar setup fee on ip's for me!

OH WOW... u know serverbeach well?
How could they knock off that 25 setup suddenly?
If I sign up now, do I just pay 2.5USD for 1 IP each month?

Well, I have been with them for about a week. Tech support isnt the best. But its good for not gaurunteeing that they would offer any tech support at all. Server is decent, prices good. And I am not sure as to if they will permanently remove the 25 setup fee or not.

Man that is too bad all hosts of any type should offer good support. but what do you expect for good prices

Well for that eservers.biz and fdcserver.net seem to have very competitive prices as well. I've been reading at WHT and they have a a pretty good support spped also.

Not that I own any ded box...

Back