• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

servage.net

Its not the bandwidth that they kick you out for, its the CPU usage. If you truly need 100GB space and 1 TB bandwidth, get a dedicated. You'll be thankful you did. My dedicated box doesn't even have that much.

Look, its not due to crappy scripts, its due to the fact that they just offer too much. You could have the most efficient script possible but if your pulling in that much traffic, your going to overuse the CPU according to their "fair usage policy."

I don't need 100gb hdd or even 1TB bw. 500gb max I think it's enough. so dedicated servers are too expensive for that...

Depends on the kind of site you have, if you use scripts, and how many hits a day you have.

I'm using roughly 400mb space and 60GB-70GB bandwidth per month and I have a dedicated.

If your site is running 500gb and tis sql-powered, you should be definately looking at a dedicated server. Don't expected to host a site that gets tens of thousands of uniques per day on a shared server.

Hello all, this is my first post :)

My name is Loclyn and I am... I am... a 'servage' victim.
I have been battling with the 'servage' since the 4th of Jan 2007. Its a terrible experience that I wish on no man. (or woman)

I like others on the net have a 'servage' story to tell.

This is my 'semi'-quick version:
When I joined there were two credit card payments to servage, when only one was authorized. (there is more to this but this is the quick version)

Servage deny having received two payments, even though our bank statement clearly shows payments to servage and conversations with our bank officially confirmed those payments.
Servage gave me a transation reference number that didn't match up with any thing at our bank end.

After just a month of dealing with 'The Patricia" and getting no where I took action and reversed one of the payments.
Servage immediately suspended my account, asked me to do a charge back reversal, because they said "it is very expensive for them". They insisted I sort this with my bank. (I then found out that they should have been going through their own banking channels - to mercent - to our bank and not expecting the customer to do all the leg work)

My reaction was first “WTF” but somehow I agreed to reverse the chargeback (God knows why I did that), so I signed a letter of authority that servage wrote to confirm the charge back was in error.
'The Patricia' in her professional wisdom gave me the wrong fax number to fax it to, I emailed it to her instead and to their info and sales email accounts , it took them 12 hours to acknowledge the email and pdf copy of the authority.
However, more hours went by and then I submitted in the ticket to find out whats happening and 'The Patricia' replied hours later and decided to ask me to email the authority again.
I questioned her through the ticket system, hours later she said, opps sorry.
Then I start getting excuses like their admin is sick blah blah, sorry for the delay. more hours go by...

I've now been waiting for 3 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and counting to get them to put my sites up.

I have these main points to say.

1.email is pretty much instantaneous, why send a fax?
2.servages claim of their average response time to tickets being 20 minutes is not true, unless of course they were meaning 20 Microsoft minutes...haha
3.'Patricia' failed all her lessons in customer service and ended up working at servage.
4.I find it ironic that a hosting company whose sole purpose is ensuring that their customers have very little down time (among other things) marketing the great 'uptime' statistics just pull your sites down without justification.

Yes, I've been serverly 'servaged'

I find very interesting that every ticket has a different name signed, although it's the same response every time

Apparently those guys don't even read nor pay attention to the customer. They are so afraid to get sued for having copyrighted content that any competitor could email them and say "MY COMPETITION.com is hosting copyrighted material" and they will remove you? Why are those guys still in business and why are people still buying fromt hem??

Hello all, this is my first post :)

My name is Loclyn and I am... I am... a 'servage' victim.
I have been battling with the 'servage' since the 4th of Jan 2007. Its a terrible experience that I wish on no man. (or woman)

I like others on the net have a 'servage' story to tell.

This is my 'semi'-quick version:
When I joined there were two credit card payments to servage, when only one was authorized. (there is more to this but this is the quick version)

Servage deny having received two payments, even though our bank statement clearly shows payments to servage and conversations with our bank officially confirmed those payments.
Servage gave me a transation reference number that didn't match up with any thing at our bank end.

After just a month of dealing with 'The Patricia" and getting no where I took action and reversed one of the payments.
Servage immediately suspended my account, asked me to do a charge back reversal, because they said "it is very expensive for them". They insisted I sort this with my bank. (I then found out that they should have been going through their own banking channels - to mercent - to our bank and not expecting the customer to do all the leg work)

My reaction was first “WTF” but somehow I agreed to reverse the chargeback (God knows why I did that), so I signed a letter of authority that servage wrote to confirm the charge back was in error.
'The Patricia' in her professional wisdom gave me the wrong fax number to fax it to, I emailed it to her instead and to their info and sales email accounts , it took them 12 hours to acknowledge the email and pdf copy of the authority.
However, more hours went by and then I submitted in the ticket to find out whats happening and 'The Patricia' replied hours later and decided to ask me to email the authority again.
I questioned her through the ticket system, hours later she said, opps sorry.
Then I start getting excuses like their admin is sick blah blah, sorry for the delay. more hours go by...

I've now been waiting for 3 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and counting to get them to put my sites up.

I have these main points to say.

1.email is pretty much instantaneous, why send a fax?
2.servages claim of their average response time to tickets being 20 minutes is not true, unless of course they were meaning 20 Microsoft minutes...haha
3.'Patricia' failed all her lessons in customer service and ended up working at servage.
4.I find it ironic that a hosting company whose sole purpose is ensuring that their customers have very little down time (among other things) marketing the great 'uptime' statistics just pull your sites down without justification.

Yes, I've been serverly 'servaged'

I don't need 100gb hdd or even 1TB bw. 500gb max I think it's enough. so dedicated servers are too expensive for that...
Wrong!
A dedi is the right price for that and its what you need

The wrong price is deals like this big mega deal you could never use without overusing cpu.
500GB bandwidth is a dedi!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to learn the cost of the things your ordering!

Last edited:
These dudes are clever and evil, firstly they'll let you keep your account as long as you use nearly no server resources, secondly they make you prepay for 1~2 years so that way when your account gets suspended they don't have to give your money back / if they have to give money back they'll delay it as long as possible until the customer gives up. There service is very good to people who are thinking about signing up, an example I sent them an email, If I used up 500GB Per month would my account be shut down ?? No.. If I host video files on Servage would my account be shut down ? NO... Lol not the case though :p

It's a money making machine ><

Thanks, for the useful info...

thanks guys

this will get added to the list of threads i write that no one replys

:p
:beer:

I'm just starting to read the thread.
By now you probably know:

• They raised the specs even higher
  • Lowered the price, and...
  • ...plenty of others replied to your thread.

Thanks for the useful info
:wave:

EDIT: I read everything through half of page three.
Servage looks like one nightmare which I'll not be a part of.
I'd heard of them before, but not really looked into it.

Last edited:
Looks ok for a cheap host, I've had no problems yet. THey are defintly overselling, but until I actually have a problem I think I'll stick to them.

Heres a coupon code for 25 more gigs if anyones checking them out:ksbservage

I am also a servage user

I am pleased to tell you that they are good as I did not have any downtime during the last six months(I joined in October!)

Also they have added other features like webdrive,autoinstaller

But they look good when we compare with them with Hostgator or Godaddy

Also they take only less than 10 minutes sometime to answer a support question!

also

Here is the another coupon code you may use:CUST26075

servage is good you can use your full 300gb space to store your backups and files etc but i think if you have any CPU AND MEMORY HOG applications or scripts then may be they suspend your account.

DO NOT go to servage.net

I have a hosting account at servage.net and it turned out to be a big SCAM, they took my money and suspended my

account.
Reason: " At this time today our servers have
served more than 428456 requests for your account."
That's nowhere in the terms of service, and they even don't want to refund me. "only 5 day money back guarantee"

This service is only ok for small websites, when you have more than 200-300 users daily, they will surly suspend the

account to keep their servers running. There are better hosting services out there and BEFORE you purchase search

the web for reviews!!

They RUINED my growing traffic with this!!

I advice other hosting purchaser to STAY AWAY from servage if you want a professional and reliable hosting service

and not a service that shuts down your service when they want to.

Back