• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search the FWS Database?!

CommunityOne

I notice I've answered a lot of host requests here, with a host that is already in FWS' directory. Why don't some people search using advanced search (what I use) to find what they're looking for?

I find it weird. :p

Here @ the forums, you find most of the time what you want. And you know they aren't dead, cause in the database are many dead hosts. :eek:

Originally posted by [NeO]
Here @ the forums, you find most of the time what you want. And you know they aren't dead, cause in the database are many dead hosts. :eek:

I've said Tripod UK about 40 times here (sarcastic), when someone could easily search the DB for PHP/MySQL and find Tripod UK. I suppose people are friendlier than an outdated database (perhaps). :)

Originally posted by CommunityOne
I've said Tripod UK about 40 times here (sarcastic), when someone could easily search the DB for PHP/MySQL and find Tripod UK. I suppose people are friendlier than an outdated database (perhaps). :)

Yeah :D

Perhaps Peo should add an AI bot "Chat" in the database search results that suggests hosts. :D Perhaps.:rolleyes:

lol, sounds good but does that exists? :)

Actually I "chatted" with a bot on some site (don't remember URL though), it was kind of well, not smart. But I think it could be coded to suggest hosts. :D

hmmm, i wonder when the admins will install that bot :biggrin2: ... its a great idea having an AI bot if somebody can code it... It is more interesting if the bot is also active on the forum... if its possible with vB. Am i only dreaming? lolz! :)

Anyway, a friend of mine had coded that kind of software before. actually it's their thesis. Unfortunately, its not a web-based program.

I have changed my mind about Lycos UK. They are a terrible host!

Originally posted by [NeO]
If you find dead hosts, send a PM to Peo so he can check it out and remove if necessary :classic2:

Back