• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Scroll-bar problem!

VLC

hi
a few webpages of mine on a few sites of mine, have a lower scroll-bar appear, even though theres NOTHING to scroll an see along the right margin of these pages.

So how can i stop uneeded scroll-bars from showing up????

I assume its a html prob, but i cant see what in it to delete or change.:(

Are you using one of those wonderful free editors? Something is hanging over the edge causing the horizontal scrollbar to appear. :rolleyes: If it wasn't hanging over, the scrollbar would not appear. :eek:

Recheck your code...or post it here (yiiiiiiiiikes :confused2 ) and if you can't find anything wrong with it (ha ha), put this in:

<body style="overflow-x:hidden"> :cool:

Originally posted by zoobie Are you using one of those wonderful free editors? Something is hanging over the edge...
I dont have to time to download a free editor even if i wanted to!
an if somethings 'over the edge' then why dont it show up?
like a table-width=1000pixel code line etc..
Maybe someone here can tell me what to look for...?
[as i cant see wot causes it]
as 4 your code above - i'll try that as a last resort - thanx:)

Originally posted by neftha
it might help posting a link with such a page ... so we can see what is going on.
OK, go via the link below, enter it, an look for 'Blakes-7' in the menu, click it, an you'll see theres a 1 inch white gap along the right-side margin - but nothing down that far-side of the page to make it over-spill !!!!!:(

http://members.lycos.co.uk/sftv

Well, I just glanced at it and saw a ton of errors. Those <p> tags all have to be closed...There's tons of javascript on the bottom...perhaps to shut off the ads? Start by adding:
style="margin:0;padding:0" to the body tag. :cool:

Hi again,

<p> tags do not need to be closed! Infact, it is optional (html 4: w3.org). I don't get any Javascript errors either and the scrollbar seems okay to me (just like it should).

The scrollbar is still showing @ 800 x 600...leaving me to believe it was designed at a higher resolution. All he has to do is what I suggested...but being "Blake's 7", I don't blame him for not caring. :cool:

Back