• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Scammed By Venom-Hosting...

http://visionaryhost.com/fraud.txt

This is the detailed chat-log.

I have been suspended by paypal....

I have talked it out with the other victim

Can you please give suggestions on what I should do?
Should I sue Venom-hosting?

Will I get sued by paypal?
Even though I had talked this out with the victim and he knows I was also the victim and he won't charge me in any legal actions.

But will Paypal?

And can anyone please tell me where to report this?

I reported to Unauthorized Use of Paypal Account and File A Claim

Please post comments and similar cases!

That sick bastard, tried to bribe me with sucky cpanel AMD 2400+ Server Hosting....

He lies to everyone, he said he has a Dual xeon when he has only AMD 2400+.

He only has 512 MB RAM when he says he have 2 GB RAM

Not cool....

I don't think you could get in trouble for that. That is definatly very serious though, he can get busted. Too bad a chat dialogue is all the proof you have. Hard to prosecute with something so easily tampered. Not saying you did, I believe you, I'm just making a point.

Well, Is this chatlog good enough to make me an innocent? I just don't want to be in any trouble. Stupid Venom-Hosting, trying to bribe me...GRRR

1st. Report this to paypal immediately so that this guy will get prosecuted.

2nd. Learn from this, its a shame you let this guy dupe you...

Just wow....Here's some advice on picking a host:

-You know you shouldn't go with a host with an e-mail like "vemonthakid@freee-mailprovider.com".
-If your host greets you by saying "yo", run.
-If your host can't spell "favor" correctly, do not buy from them.
-if ur host typz liek dis, dunt go wit dem

And an ending tip: Don't do hosts favors regarding money. :( But I guess you already learned that. Sorry to hear about this...Honestly, I don't know if you're going to get sued by paypal. But, I think you should really, really do something about this guy. He's a douchebag.

The problem in this case is that you need have evidence that you were deceived.

It's in some sense confusing from the chat script to see exactly what happened, but I presume that:

1. Venom has hacked into one of his customer's account (probably got to know a password and tried it on that client's paypal account and hopped "YAY")

2. Used you to receive some funds from it by bribing you a small amount of money each time - thinking that if you get into trouble, he won't (YAY).

3. Then you quickly received a suspension

Is this correct?

The fact is however, that you were not the person doing the "hacking" and you did not know what was happening.

However this could have serious implications if you are not careful. This won't get you "sued" but probably a investigation will be launched.

Phone paypal.

Regards.

James

klarth said:
Just wow....Here's some advice on picking a host:

-You know you shouldn't go with a host with an e-mail like "vemonthakid@freee-mailprovider.com".
-If your host greets you by saying "yo", run.
-If your host can't spell "favor" correctly, do not buy from them.
-if ur host typz liek dis, dunt go wit dem

And an ending tip: Don't do hosts favors regarding money. :( But I guess you already learned that. Sorry to hear about this...Honestly, I don't know if you're going to get sued by paypal. But, I think you should really, really do something about this guy. He's a douchebag.
Wow Wow Wow, dude I couldnt have said it better myself! Thats your average 14 year old host there ^

he has scammed and keyloggered many people...scamming 12 eyar olds...that is just low...that bloody poor kid worked during the holidays delivering newspapers, to make that mony...very very sad...

Back