• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Scam from a hosting company

Steve Gunnels information collection site

Everyone, there is another group of Gunnels victims from a different forum that have created a website for us all to interact and gather information about Steve, and hopefully pass along to the proper authorities.

http://www.gunnels.october.com.au/

Hi John,

While TJR Networks is run from New Zealand, all sites are located on servers at The Planet in the United States. If you are interested in transferring your site to our services, please contact us and we will send you a special promotional code.

Very sad that it appears we have been conned again by unscrupulous Americans. We will be steering clear of all future offers from USA. Sad but true - a few spoils it for the rest.

There are people like him in all countries unfortunately, so it is wise to do a bit of checking up on businesses before you order. :)

Top 10 Reasons Why Not To Host With Steve Gunnels!

What Steve Gunnels really needs are several swift solid kicks straight to the crotch!!!
But until then why not enjoy this Top 10 List I have complied for shits and giggles. 8)

------------------------------S.C.E.M.'s------------------------------
Top 10 Reasons Why Not To Host With Steve Gunnels!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

10.) His limited time only, bloated must have, unlimited, lifetime offers sound to good to be true... Because they are!

9.) His no nonsense total access to your funds approach, only sits well with clients that have 50 plus credit cards and own several homes.

8.) His greasy fat fingers have been genetically enhanced, to punch in your credit card number at 10 times the speed of the average tele-marketer.

7.) The speed of costumer response is entirely based on the amount of dollars that may be up for stake.

6.) His 100% iron clad satisfaction or your money back guarantee! Doesn't apply to new or existing customers.

5.) His deja vu server features will have you thinking again and again... "Didn't I already pay for that?"

4.) Not even a tapeworm would be comfortable with Steve Gunnels as a host!

3.) His lack of consideration is equally matched to the occurrence of his penile disfunction.

2.) He secretly wishes his velvety smooth dialog and deep pockets could work as well on the ladies.

And the number one reason not to host with Steve Gunnels... (***DRUM-ROLL***)

1.) He recently changed his name from: Steve Gunnels, to: Steve Runnels... - "Runnels!" - LMAO

At least he wont make nearly as much cash flow in prison renting out his bunghole,
then he has scheming all his customers! Can you say tender!!! OUCHY!
So their you go people I'll be here all week, so be sure to tell your friends! ; )

Put me on the list too.

I'd hosted with his organization since 2000 and only recently got the lifetime hosting. Previously I'd steered clear of it as it seemed fishy but after $600 (between having to upgrade to a new server where he insisted I had to talk to him on the phone which talked me into it with promises of more bandwidth, and then a month later when I renewed basically jacking up the rate yearly claiming my current bandwidth usage didn't qualify me for a cheap package and I'd have to pay extra for "double usage" it was more economical to go lifetime) I caved for it because my website means a lot to me.

I feel like a certified idiot, because a friend of mine had a real runaround with this guy where he basically held his domain hostage for him. I kept throwing money at it basically out of fear of losing my domain.

Now as of August 5th (I signed for lifetime in June after hosting with them 5 years, with admittedly not too many tech issues, it was just expensive) I'm out all that money and I can't get anyone at Tucows to give me my domain information so I lost that too.

I'm out all that money and I can't get anyone at Tucows to give me my domain information so I lost that too.

Provided he doesn't renew it again, you should be available to re-register it within a few months after it expires.

Last edited:
Provided the domain is in your name, you should be able to get this resolved through Tucows. I know it is a pain in the butt reaching them, I have tried like crazy on a different matter. If you call them, they have a if your reseller is no longer in business or you no longer wish to do business with your reseller option. Or you could attempt to transfer it to another domain as long as you do not need an authorization key. Apparently Tucows does not give them out and I don't think Steve will either.

I am sorry to everyone who lost so much money due to this scumbag (putting it mildly). I am glad I never ran across him, I think I would be hunting him down.

I hope you all find hosts that you will be extremely happy with.

I posted how to handle Steve in the NY State Of Mind... over that that other webiste against him... They didn't like it... I think they're about to ban me ;)

The guy really does need a good kick in the... (Let me NOT get banned here too)

Received E-mail

After several e-mails and attempted phone calls to Steve and Tucows, I was surprised to receive two e-mails from Steve (fidelity@fidpac.com) with my account information and authorization codes for my domain names.

Customer happiness is always my #1 priority, and it should be. It's what keeps you from having a bad reputation, and a bad reputation is harder to get back than the money you've lost.

killaH said:
Customer happiness is always my #1 priority, and it should be. It's what keeps you from having a bad reputation, and a bad reputation is harder to get back than the money you've lost.

That's correct, and I thank that is what every host wants.
Support and service for their clients, to keep them happy.

Starting a good hosting company costs a lot of money to invest, unless you use cheap dedicated servers or a reseller account , and I think all host's want to make profit , and the only way to make profit is to keep your clients happy, so they will stay.

Even we have problems somethimes with a client, when we have a problem ,we do everything to find a solution that satisfies the client.

It is surprising that one man can cause so many angry clients. :shame:

In addition to TJR Networks, I would also like to help. I am willing to offer a month of free hosting to anyone who has had problems with Steve Gunnels, to help get you back on your feet. There are no strings attached, and you may leave after the free month.

If you would like to take advantage of this, please email me at steve@statichost.co.uk. :)

Regards,

Steve McManus.

Fidpac Super.nu and others

In one message I got they told me they have 30 000 clients. Best1, super.nu and some others.
I have two lifetime accounts and one other. Steve Gunnels has always been very helpful but have they really shut down? They had very lucrative days a couple of years ago but not any longer. He has a family and kids. What to do? I am living on the west coast of Sweden.

I'll extend my condolences to those who've been affected by this, and would like to help out as well, but my goal is not to make any profit off this, and as I have a lot of spare space and bandwidth, I'd like to offer free hosting for a limited time for anyone who have been affected by this. My goal is not to earn money from this, but rather help out those unfortunate people who are the victims of greedy or unserious people who underestimate the value of offering a quality service.

What-Ever!!!

hottweelz said:
I posted how to handle Steve in the NY State Of Mind... over that that other webiste against him... They didn't like it... I think they're about to ban me ;)

The guy really does need a good kick in the... (Let me NOT get banned here too)

I guess someone at "The Gunnels Collective" > http://www.gunnels.october.com.au/forum/index.php <
Just couldn't handle the rodeo burger and banned me for my Top 10 List.
Here's what I get when I try to visit their forum...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What up wit dat? :rolleyes2 Oh I guess only serious people that have been ripped off are allowed at that forum. Nobody with a sense a humor, no funny money cracks will be tolerated! W-E-A-K

RipclaW said:
I guess someone at "The Gunnels Collective" > http://www.gunnels.october.com.au/forum/index.php <
Just couldn't handle the rodeo burger and banned me for my Top 10 List.
Here's what I get when I try to visit their forum...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What up wit dat? :rolleyes2 Oh I guess only serious people that have been ripped off are allowed at that forum. Nobody with a sense a humor, no funny money cracks will be tolerated! W-E-A-K
No, they're site is actually down right now ...

me too

Add me and my husband to the list. And I had over 800 listings on ebay all with multiple pictures that went poof.

I registered with GoDaddy and within a week I'm back up and running as soon as I upload everything.

I had been promised by Steve that if I upgraded to the new dual server I would be able to access my old emails. Which I told him I needed since I was involved with litigation. What a crock.

Forget the BBB - he doesn't care, he's out of business.

Personally I'm going to the FTC and filing a complaint with the feds. The more people complain the more can be done. As far as I'm concerned it's fraud. He probably knew he was going under and was trying to get as much money as possible.

Re: I have been ripped off after 8 years

Hi there,
I've been using Super.nu for over 8 years. Steve's always answered emails etc, and messed my site up over and over again month after month year after year, some how I've always paid a little more money for a new server, and the problem goes for a while despite having lifetime server space, or so I thought.

It's a real shame, I'm worried now as wtfuk.com, windowtintfilm.co.uk and aprilia.net are in my name but the addresses (as I don't want people to know my address obviously, are not my REAL address), they're registered by Tucows and I want to transfer them to easyspace.com where I have new server space.

Is it possible? I'm the registered owner :)

Back