• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SCAAM!Please help me.

if its the same as your master reseller plan you listed then your only looking at $160...

if you have to dig into personal pockets then dig but $160 isn't a lot of money, especially if your running a business.... Obviously now would be a good time to create a savings account and a budget account with your bank in case this happens again.

Rule of thumb would be to store at least 4 months worth of expenses there and not spend it in case of the worst.

Just bite it and move on.

im personally skeptical of anyone that wants to pay for a server annually since that is not cheap.

I pay for mine annually, although to be fair I pay in cash over the counter.

To me it sounds a lot like this is down to you, Irving. There is no way you are going to get any of the money from PayPal, so you'll have to learn from this (and learn from it!!) and move on.

I always suggest to pay monthly people which are nort sure in company. I think that annualy payment is possible after 2-3 months and our customers do the same. 5% max pay annyaly after sign up

Ok,People.Thanks for all.Im sure i can get out of this.
I will learn of this kind of things.I also will try to contact the false "buyer",i know that maybe its useless,but i do not lose anything trying.
Im making banners,logos,some joomla skins and all i can to gain some money.
Thanks again for all your help^_^

PD:MODS, you can close this thread if you want. Thanks in advance.

Stop taking annual orders. Your best bet is to do a monthly or quarterly. You cannot go wrong with that if you need to issue refund. There are lots of scam artist out there. Glad you can walk through this ordeal.

Dear Irving,

Its really sad to hear this. i understand your critical situatuin but perhaps its a lesson to learn , a lesson for u and for all the hosts to be cautious.

But i personally feel that u must always have alternatives to everything . Right now u r in debt with paypal .. what if u actually had money and due to some reason ur account was locked .. so one must have alternate sources of funding . Ready for disater.

I wish u get out of all this soon . Gud luck my friend.

Sorry to hear. This happens.

Few years back, I was devastated to loose $15. I learned from it. This is lesson to you that you should be more sensitive with online processes and possibilities.

I sure leaned a lot from this thread. What do you guys think about annual payments for local verifiable accounts?

You are not protected under the seller protection provided by PayPal, as you did not provide a tangible good. Therefore, if they pull the money, its your responsibility. However, if it is a charge back, you can fight it and have a better chance at winning by providing the appropriate documentation.

Worst case scenario, use MoneyBookers. They don't hold you responsible if a charge back is filed, and you cannot file a dispute or claim for money sent.

The source of the problem is that he accepted the account without checking the nature of what he was getting into. So like others have said, the best choice would just be to check the order first to see if it obtains anything fraudulent. Maxmind is a good 'fraud detector' and I would recommend it, you can also use it if you run on WHMCS.

You spent the money and couldn't pay your monthly fees? Sounds like someone needs a course in business management.

PS: Can't blame anyone other than you. You accepted the order, you spent the money, you run the business.

Last edited:
I know how you feel Irving. The same thing happened to me once but on a much smaller scale.

But I have learned to move on, cause it no use crying over spilled milk.

Yea it was a shame to see Irving leave the business though. His domain is for sale and his site is no longer up.

R.I.P. SinxHost

but I agree with the others. It was your fault. I personally have a business advisor in case anything goes wrong or if I need advice.

It's nearly impossible to win a case on Paypal. I just recently had one filed against me for a small amount and I provided the invoices to Paypal but in the end Paypal sided with the buyer. It would be nice though if Paypal created a department just for web hosting companies so web hosts could have a separate billing system and for chargebacks you provide certain information such as IP's etc.

Back