• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Samsung Galaxy Precedent from StraightTalk

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I have the Samsung Galaxy Precedent from Straight Talk. It is a great phone, but the issue I have, is there is NO SOUND unless I have earphones plugged in.

Didn't realize when I bought the phone that this is a common problem with these phones. I have had it now since it came out. Walmart and Straighttalk both were of no real help.

I figured since there is a lot of tech members here, perhaps someone can give me some clue or idea or some code to imput to get the sound/volume to work on the dang thing.

I have googled and been on so many sites, and have tried all the various solutions, and none of them have worked, so I don't get what is happening.

If you checked the solutions from various sites, then its not a software problem, it is probably just the hardware itself. The Precedent uses old technology that is crap for that phone.

If you checked the solutions from various sites, then its not a software problem, it is probably just the hardware itself. The Precedent uses old technology that is crap for that phone.

Would there be any way to fix it? Like a program or something on the android market that would make sound work.

They came out with another android phone that has a qwerty keyboard (slider), but I am a little hesistant on buying it. Wouldn't want the same results.

Is it no sound at all, even calls? Or is it for media playing that it only works with phones?

Either way though if it's meant to it's a warranty fault, take it back and get a replacement that works as advertised.

Is it no sound at all, even calls? Or is it for media playing that it only works with phones?

Either way though if it's meant to it's a warranty fault, take it back and get a replacement that works as advertised.

No sound at all...media, phone calls, texts, im's, music, etc

Only way I can have ANY sound is if I plug in a headset.

I tried the warranty thing before. Walmart told me it was straighttalk's issue, and straighttalk told me, that walmart could give me a new one and they could file a claim with them and get their funds back.

I have had the phone for a few months now (figured I could find a website, or some tech person that could fix it), plus, I have no idea in heck as to where the receipt is.

Bugger :knockedou could try the Samsung warrenty, find out the nearest center to you!

The phone to Samsung, there will be a repair center you can post to. Probably have to call them first to get the right address and dept.

Back