• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Safe to say this is a bad call, right?

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
I'm trying to break up with my girlfriend.

Her favourite uncle died today.

Going through with it anyway is how bad of an idea on a scale of 1-10?

Seeing as I already know the answer to that, how long do you think I should actually wait?

ROFL!!!! I broke up with an ex on her birthday to make a point. It worked. :)

Your case is a little different. I'd give it a couple weeks.

Really... asking a forum what you should do. Isn't there a slight chance that she might find this? lol
I say... wait at LEAST a month, maybe by then you can patch up with whatever is going wrong...

Really... asking a forum what you should do. Isn't there a slight chance that she might find this? lol
I say... wait at LEAST a month, maybe by then you can patch up with whatever is going wrong...

I know, but there's like one or two people who periodically post here whose instincts I trust. There is no way she sees this, are you kidding me?

Its best to just dumb her, why would you lie to her. Yeah it will do her some pain, but lying to her hurts as well.

I have shared some personal stuff here in the past too. The change that she would read rhis isn't that big.

Maybe say Trick or treat. If she says trick, tell her then, and if she says treat, wait a week or two. :)
That's the best advice you'll get from me. :lol:

[edit]
Now that I'm sober, what I mean is this. In your position, I would stay with her for a couple more weeks. I mean, you obviously care about her if you're in an exclusive relationship together so you might as well help her get through some bad times. And she'll be probably looking to you for support, so if that shoulder disappears she could really be distraught. Once she seems alright, then have a talk with her, say you don't think things are going to work out, etc etc. It'll probably only be two or three weeks tops before she's OK, not a whole lot of time lost on your part, and the break up will be that much more cordial. And chances are, if you're considering breaking up with her, you've probably been distant without realizing it and showing her you're losing interest through body language, maybe not wanting to spend time with her as much, something. She probably expects it, maybe she's in denial, so the break up may not be bad, even if she doesn't want the break up to happen, but it's still a good idea to give it a little bit of time so there's not a psychological avalanche on the girl.

Last edited:
what'sup dude

if you cared about this girl you owe it to her a couple of weeks. Hopefully she's physiologically sound enough to deal with a few of lifes problems at once but if you can give it a bit of a gap then you should.

If you honestly feel that you and her are incompatible, then you shouldn't string her along, perhaps just take the time to sit down and talk to her, then tell her how you feel, and why you feel that way.

The biggest issue is people say ---- like, "It's not working out" I mean... Really? No ----?! Captain Obvious much! But actually taking the time to sit down and talk with her about how you feel could save your relationship with her, or soften the breakup. If she truly loves you, then she will fight for the relationship and will want to work it out with you.

they say bad things always come in threes, so, either make it part of the bad threes or wait and have it part of another set of threes. :p

Blank has a girlfriend?

I agree with Sarah, if it isn't working, break it off. Chances are she already knows it isn't working and doesn't want to hurt you.

*Facebook likes Jan's Post*

Just an FYI, No, Jan and I are not related, we are not working together as some form of conspiracy to spread the glow of Australian Society over the world, and we are not consciously working together to conquer the world...

Isn't that right Jan? (Hey Jan... Did you want to work together for world domination? )

*Facebook likes Jan's Post*

Just an FYI, No, Jan and I are not related, we are not working together as some form of conspiracy to spread the glow of Australian Society over the world, and we are not consciously working together to conquer the world...

Isn't that right Jan? (Hey Jan... Did you want to work together for world domination? )
You're lying. Because I have moderator privileges, I can see your secret conversations!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!
tumblr_mcs7hpEt5C1rk50c3o1_1280.jpg

You're lying. Because I have moderator privileges, I can see your secret conversations!

4 days Blank, 2 days to go over the being sure to break up and watch for the grieving process progressing, 2 days to find/organise a crowded place to do it so she doesn't make a scene and you can walk away in a 'kind' manner (but fast enough to get out of earshot quickly).

Back