• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Safari for Windows!

Installed and working on Windows XP. It looks worst than in OSX, curious

EDIT: Most websites I opened look like crap, they have to put a lot of work into this

Last edited:
It's good in terms of speed, but the actual browser looks like it was literally slapped together. They should have that metal bg like they do in the MAC version.

I'm on safari in my vista vm and it looks terrible, just terrible. It's clunky, choppy and all windows like.

Good thing it's still in beta.

It has got a lot of attention but I really don't think the windows version compares very well to Safari on the Mac and Firefox.

Apple today announced (via a news release) that more than 1 million copies of Safari for Windows were downloaded in the first 48 hours since the free public beta was made available on Monday.

It has got a lot of attention but I really don't think the windows version compares very well to Safari on the Mac and Firefox.

Safari on the Mac has the same problem I pointed out with vBull, along with WYSIWYG problems. It's basically the exact same as Safari on the Mac (besides the tabs), at least that's what I think. I used Safari before myself in my OS Overview Class, so I should know. :fangel:

Safari on the Mac has the same problem I pointed out with vBull, along with WYSIWYG problems. It's basically the exact same as Safari on the Mac (besides the tabs), at least that's what I think. I used Safari before myself in my OS Overview Class, so I should know. :fangel:

So ???

Your class taught you what about it?

Your saying a lot with no substance,

So what are you saying?

Yup, I'm sticking with IE, as well. :) Safari offers a few nice features, but IMO, the UI is horrible (it doesn't have any character), and the features offered with it are just "decent". It's really not that special (as I said before, IMO).

Chris

Back