• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Running free hosts/services reviews site from free hosting services

masterbo

Technically, this is mostly like a free hosting request. However, it is addressed to people, running free (or not only free) type of hosting.

Let's go down to business. I am building my own site dedicated to free Internet services (at this type - hosting-related). Although I have no problem using paid hosting (I have much spare resources), I prefer to host that type of review site on free hosting,as well. For some reasons, after testing, I prefer not to use Byet and zero-zero-zero-you-know-who.

At the moment I have a tuned and ready for hosting free VPS from ---------. What I would be glad to receive from the mentioned hosting owners:
- a VPS/shared hosting, as a backup for the mentioned primary site (1-1.5Gb for static files/media, 25 to 50Gb of traffic)
- a free backup/file storage hosting (optional, but a spare backup does never harm)
- free Shoutcast/ICECast streaming hosting for low-traffic low-bandwidth (32kbps is more than enough; 100-150 listener slots and 1Gb for AutoDJ files)

The primary site is mostly static (pages are generated using Ikiwiki-like CMS and comments are supported by Disqus-type service). It won't create much load/huge traffic/vulnerabilities (since no scripting).

I schedule the launch of primary site on the first decade of September, if that matters.

Recommendations/offers are very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Back