• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ridiculous FREE requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulP

Is it me or am I seeing a lot of stupid requests ?

10GB+ space and 50GB+ bandwidth + unlimited features + uptime + FREE.

Do they really know what they are asking for ???

I would NEVER accept a person who is asking for so much.
I can give FREE hosting without ads or posts but they need to accept that the bandwidth will always be shared bandwidth, I do not guarantee any given bandwidth to users.

Seeing these posts makes me laugh but also I get the feeling that requests get worse and worse, and specially those dumb hostings that accept an offer like that.... how sad ! :tired2:

Can't we do anything else but correct/ignore those ridiculous requests ???

Kind regards,
PaulP.

I have seen some of these two, if people accept these then hosts would loose a lot of custom because from what usually would cost between $5-$10 p/mo would be free.

I have seen some of these two, if people accept these then hosts would loose a lot of custom because from what usually would cost between $5-$10 p/mo would be free.

But only for a couple of months because those offering these plans won't last much longer.

Is it me or am I seeing a lot of stupid requests ?

10GB+ space and 50GB+ bandwidth + unlimited features + uptime + FREE.

Do they really know what they are asking for ???

I would NEVER accept a person who is asking for so much.
I can give FREE hosting without ads or posts but they need to accept that the bandwidth will always be shared bandwidth, I do not guarantee any given bandwidth to users.

Seeing these posts makes me laugh but also I get the feeling that requests get worse and worse, and specially those dumb hostings that accept an offer like that.... how sad ! :tired2:

Kind regards,
PaulP.

And to top that, they want reseller privs aswell, its shocking and every now and again you get the odd "Free VPS, no posts, no ads, free domain please". I tend to ignore them, trying to get something for nothing! (which is what free hosting is, just some people push their luck :lol: )

Kind regards,
PaulP.

Ignore, yes.
Correct? Hmmnn.. I once tried to correct them but I was temporarily banned at FWS for "trolling" as a result. Since then I almost never get back to that request forum.

The uptime is a slap in the face... If your going to offer free hosting you need to at least have decent uptime.

I agree speed is a lot to ask for (something you didn't mention) but to defend myself I ask this due to my clan members not having fast internet.

True it is free but when I said that I meant if your going to offer free hosting and the person is doing something in return (ads and forum posting) then they should maintain at least 80% up-time.

True it is free but when I said that I meant if your going to offer free hosting and the person is doing something in return (ads and forum posting) then they should maintain at least 80% up-time.

That makes sense, but you can't really expect perfect service for free. I mean, to actually get perfect service is one thing, but expecting it is different.

- Lucas

I need a free dedicated server. I have a 'legal' cpanel licence so i need at least 512 ram. I'm going to be hosting an mp3 download site so i need tons of bandwidth. No ads, and am willing to post, but no more than 5 per month. What do you think?

Part of the problem is also the ridiculous offers many of the paid hosts make. If people see Gb's of space being offered for a few $/month, then why not expect similiar offerings on the free hosts, after all, the free hosts used to offer similiar specs to the paid hosts a few years ago, why not now?

For example, look at the hostgator "Baby" shared plan, 100Gb disk, 1000Gb bandwidth for $9.95/month. You couldn't even rent a server of this spec for $9.95 a month. (Not picking on hostgator, simply using them as an example)

Those that run the systems know the sums dont add up, but the customer just follows the crowd.

Ignore, yes.
Correct? Hmmnn.. I once tried to correct them but I was temporarily banned at FWS for "trolling" as a result. Since then I almost never get back to that request forum.
Not quite true, that took you over the limit after other warnings for other things.

I have said it before and I will say it again, don't give them the time and hopefully they will go away. But it doesn't help that new hosts are spring up every day offering what they request. Let them get burnt by the wannabe hosts often enough and maybe they will rethink their needs.

Yea, dreamhost is the worst with overselling in my opinion. 1.6 TB BW for 7.95 a month? Oh, they forget to mention that if you use over 20gb your account is going to be taken down.

Not quite true, that took you over the limit after other warnings for other things.

I have said it before and I will say it again, don't give them the time and hopefully they will go away. But it doesn't help that new hosts are spring up every day offering what they request. Let them get burnt by the wannabe hosts often enough and maybe they will rethink their needs.

they dont seem to be learning to fast :lol:
Still see them winging all the time about hosts that blind fredy could see is going under... :)

I have my hosting prepaid for the next 3 years so i wont be going away any time soon. I offer 500mb space and 300 gb bandwidth. My philosophy is as long as they are displaying my ads that generates more impressions and i just have a file size quota so the downloads don't get too big. It really depends on what you have as a hosts and your resources available. I can back up my plans 100% because i have a server that i control.

LOL, I have 2 servers that I control but it dont mean I can give everyone 300 GBs of bandwidth each for nothing
What dont go real well with that either is your site is down
I tried visiting it and,
You tried to access the address http://www.giga-host.info/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Last edited:
I offer 500mb space and 300 gb bandwidth.

So how many users can your server handle when you give them 300GB bandwidth ?

Don't you think it is ridiculous what you offer ?

PaulP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back