• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reviews..

Originally posted by Webdude
Anytime a host claims unlimited 'anything', is is automatically considered a scam because history has shown that to be what it is. You should always openly set a bandwidth limited, and say so, even if you dont actually enforce it. Claiming unlimited also has another negative lashback....it attract warez sites like flies on.....

Anyway, get rid of the 'unlimited' note and you should be fine.

Are you saying that Crosswinds is a scam? They offer "unlimited" webspace and bandwidth and they don't have problems with warez sites, because they delete those within 24 hours.

My 2 cents' worth!

Originally posted by amelen

I can't offer every member a cgi-bin cause of security issues.

Hope you can find out how Hypermart, Virtualave, Portland, F2S, TWU, Netcabins, Datablocks, Digitalrice etc. could offer full ftp access to members' cgi-bins without any security problems and provide it in your service too, since more and more folks are trying their hand in cgi and php scripts nowadays.

Yes hosts that offer .htaccess files offer this, but how many people do u know that can edit the .htaccess file and change the shtml settings?

IMHO, at least 60% know themselves and the balance get to know from others thru word of mouth or forums&listservs.

Best of luck and happy New Year!
S.K

people who claim to be "helpin" by being "constructive" are for some reason always tryin to knock down people. i think its because they have small penis' and need to feel big.

Length no issue!

Originally posted by LawTown Junky
i think its because they have small penis' and need to feel big.

Research has proved that the orgasm of the partner doesn't depend upon the legth of the organ but on the virility and mental abilitity to sustain!
Folks must learn to laugh at themselves and take criticism in their stride. You are felled not by your critics but the "Yes men" who flatter you at your face (that way you become blind to your faults!)
Cheers!
S.K

Just Want to point out a few things. Any person with knowledge is setting up servers whould know how to use suexec, and setup proper access permissions to secure their servers. Plus, I'd like to know how much he's bringing in for banner revenue. 1 Banner on a site? $40,000. I doubt it. Second, do you realize howmuch yahoo's geocites uses in bandwiidth. I faintly remember hearing 2 - 4 terabytes/day.

Now I go onto the hard to beleive figures. A t1 costs maybe $1500 a month, including a local loop. t3 with local loop? i seen sale prices at $15,000 a month. A t1 is at 1.5mbit, full t3 at 43mbit. now a full oc-12. thats at 622mbit. How can he afford one? Sounds like hes cohosting it somewhere.

Whois user[@<whois.server>]: 216.128.33.179

[whois.arin.net]
FirstWorld Communications (NETBLK-FIRSTWORLD) FIRSTWORLD
216.128.0.0 - 216.128.63.255
SplitInfinity Networks (NETBLK-SPLITINFINITY-2) SPLITINFINITY-2
216.128.33.0 - 216.128.33.255

FirstWorld - Internet Backbone Provider
SplitInfinity - Web hosting service.

Probably on a dedicated server.

My work is done here.

--Jim

people who claim to be "helpin" by being "constructive" are for some reason always tryin to knock down people. i think its because they have small penis' and need to feel big.

I think people who talk about peoples' penises being small do it because it makes them feel a lot better about their small organ in some strange, erotic way.

Hey, wait a second, isn't this board for FWP discussion :confused:

you know, I had a girlfriend named Alex Melen in high school. Please say you didnt goto my school, because now that I think about it, the only time I saw her with her clothes off was when it was really dark.

you know, I had a girlfriend named Alex Melen in high school. Please say you didnt goto my school, because now that I think about it, the only time I saw her with her clothes off was when it was really dark.

ROTFL

what i mean is if u think he should be able to have cgi for everyone say like
well if you secure your server the right way you be ok
not
o well ur stupid wtf u talkin about ur server sucks and all that type of shit like these internet forum people do. sayin o well hypermart does it so u should too
and all that crap what happened to bein unique

what i mean is if u think he should be able to have cgi for everyone say like
well if you secure your server the right way you be ok
not
o well ur stupid wtf u talkin about ur server sucks and all that type of shit like these internet forum people do. sayin o well hypermart does it so u should too
and all that crap what happened to bein unique

There is neither clarity of thought nor language in your post. Folks like you think that merely by smearing liberally some "shit", "sucks" and "crap", you become a know-all!
What is it that you are trying to say - a server should have cgi or no cgi?
Please, for heaven's sake, write your message down on a piece of paper and read it once before posting!
S.K

I must admit that no matter how many times I read it, I wasn't certain as to the point of the post either. Take out the expletives, slow down, and repost please.

i thought you didn't go to high school, or at least dropped out early..

crosswinds

i had a warez site on crosswinds (and yes i do feel real bad about it) and it stayed up for like 8 months. i probably would have deleted it a long time ago if i had remembered. poor crosswinds. this is in reference to someone saying something about crosswinds. specific! anyway. we already discussed t35 a long time ago on here. someone said that the top sites is just a top sites for warez. and someone remarked that yahoo is also a warez site for linking to warez sites in searches and the response to that was that oogle did not yahoo. but yahoo used to do the searching not oogle. people forget that. anyway, on with the post. t35 = warez site. i dont really think so, but to back it up youd have to delete all the warez site entries. and whats your file size limit? i havent gotten to page 3 of this thread yet. maybe its mentioned there. but if its over 2 megs ima be uppin my WaReZ X. haha. j/k. its funny though. keep it under 2 megs. thats what i said to shawn in a previos thread. aiight, peace. wheres ron =-(-

Originally posted by stu

i thought you didn't go to high school, or at least dropped out early..

I did, I dropped out 6 weeks into the ninth grade after skipping the first three weeks. But I still had GF's in high school.

matt3k:
i c..
I will probobly be getting rid of the topsite sectin all together, even though its my oldest section, being over 5 years old and the reason i baught t35.com (top 35 sites), it has been too controversial..
File size limit is 1.5mb.

Back