• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review X-Istence.com

awayfromforum

unknown
NLC
Hello all
can you pleas review http://x-istence.com for me. I know that not a lot of content is up, cause i am still coding. But please just look at it and tell me what i should add/change. I myself really like the colors. so i would rather not change them, but changing the design / modules ( quote/poll/partners ). This is not another PHPnuke/postnuke site. This entire site was coded using notepad, PHP, and MySQL, and of course a good free domain host.

- X-Istence

Hosted by http://section5.net

It was meant to be a clean layout so that it would be easy to navigate.

Also, i do want suggestions, like if you would like me to put up a forum, or something else. Dont hesitate to post it here.

Perhaps instead of repeating the < Home > < Downloads > < Contact > nav options you could make the header look nicer. At the moment I don't think the logo looks too hot. I find it quite hard to tell what it actually says when I first glance at it. It is easy to navaigate but it looks a little too simple. Also is this supposed to show up like this: <?php echo "PHP Scripts For All"; ?>?

Originally posted by xsnetwork
Also is this supposed to show up like this: <?php echo "PHP Scripts For All"; ?>?

Yes it is supposed to show up like that. If it was not, then i would have allready fixed it ;).

I use 3 fonts for a reason, if someone does not have one of the fonts, it tries the next font, if they dont have taht font it will try the last one. Now if they dont ahve all 3 their browser uses the standard font.

Originally posted by X-Istence

Yes it is supposed to show up like that. If it was not, then i would have allready fixed it ;).

I use 3 fonts for a reason, if someone does not have one of the fonts, it tries the next font, if they dont have taht font it will try the last one. Now if they dont ahve all 3 their browser uses the standard font.

they weren't talking about the html thing where it uses them if one isn't there it uses a different one

as in - on the page itself - there are a variety of fonts

Rating : 4.5/10
Good: Content??
Bad: Logo
Tips: Make the logo look 'techy'

ill try to make it look a bit better. The logo is something a lot of peeps dont like, ill have to create a new one once i can find a good font to use, cause i dont want it to look so boring/professional.

the site was designed with 800x600 in mind, and for best results higher. Anything lower than taht, it starts to look really really bad.

Back