• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review: wswd.net - VPS hosting

fsd

So for almost a year now I've been using WSWD.net for most of my hosting needs. I use it for a variety of things. Hosting a small website, a SVN server, A DNS server, and a few more things. Throughout the time it has been wonderful! They feel small enough to where my budget VPS account matters to them but large enough to be able to offer me all I need.

Now to my major problem.... I have never ever had a host that I didn't have some sort of significant problem while using them (most likely because I've always use such low budget hosting). And these times are when a host shows their true colors! Well I must say WSWD.net exceeded my expectations. I was having a problem with my VPS freezing (so I couldn't restart it myself and my website was down) but they answered right away and managed to get it online quickly. When it happened again a few days later they went out of their way to make sure it never happened again. I was upgraded to a VPS hosted on a newer dedicated server and my VPS seems faster than ever. They took care of it all and I have had no problems since. (While other budget VPSs i've tried have all slowed down over time. I assume it was them pumping more clients onto one dedicated server, but no problems like that here).

I would highly recommend WSWD.net . I have no regrets going with them and will most likely be client there for a very very long time!

http://WSWD.net

+1 reputation, I agree with you.
I got one shared account with them as I needed an US location for a website.

Awesome uptime!
The host doesn't have any problems with the pings I sent and my cron jobs twice an hour.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!!

To this day FSD, I don't know what was going on with the original node you were on. We had lots of hardware trouble in that datacenter in general (and have since moved out completely), so my best guess would be some sort of faulty hardware. The logs showed absolutely nothing, which was weird. You should be quite happy on the SSD nodes now. We don't oversell/overload any of our servers, so you will hopefully never notice a slowdown. That's always the plan anyway. :D

Thanks again guys!

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!!

To this day FSD, I don't know what was going on with the original node you were on. We had lots of hardware trouble in that datacenter in general (and have since moved out completely), so my best guess would be some sort of faulty hardware. The logs showed absolutely nothing, which was weird. You should be quite happy on the SSD nodes now. We don't oversell/overload any of our servers, so you will hopefully never notice a slowdown. That's always the plan anyway. :D

Thanks again guys!

What datacenter was that?

Back