• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review Torrent Site Template!!!!

yeah, the original image was looked at for image size so that it would fit properly. hmmm, so still proves nothingconsidering the image is totally different smart guy.
also, it was stated that it was modeled after the torrentit site so in that case i would need the original image size. so, once again, the site was designed and modeled after the torrentit site. and you know what, i am sure you would have never know except for the fact i stated it. i simply created new images and never said the layout was original. i simply recreated the layout to look the same, but with different images. so if you are going to review, that is fine, but like i said, the layout is not original. so you can stop making remarks about it. review the images and header. that is what i am looking for

Last edited:
Ok, where to start. First of all, I didn't want to bud in with this "argument" at first because I thought it would've been solved a long time a go. Secondly jstgermain has clearly stated he is doing this for a client. He said
jstgermain said:
it was modeled after torrentit.com since that is what the client wanted

Thus stating clearly he would make it look as similar to that site as he possibly could and still making it original.

As far as stealing the code? My Philosophy is if they make it publicly available ie. using HTML instead of PHP/HTML they are asking for the code to be stolen. There is also no crime for a HTML coder to use someone elses code they have made themselves to make it look similar to the other website.
Yes he made it look similar to their site but that is what the CLIENT asked for.. if your going to complain about someone who can do a good job as to making a website look similar to what the client asked for you should leave this community because we need more people like this who can do what the client asks for.

BeIIy said:
You're the one making yourself look bad.
Thanks for continuing to lie and contradict yourself.

I'm sorry but in this case you are the one who is making yourself look bad. You are continuing to ramble on about how a designer goes about his business your budding in to a coder's style of coding.

BeIIy said:
If you're too cowardly to admit that you copied it and want this thread deleted to hide your shame. Good for you. I don't care anymore.

This would have to be one of your downfalls because after you said this you posted again which means your trying to defend your case, hence you still care. IMO this post should be deleted or you should stop posting here because your trying to get him in trouble, or your trying to get more attention.

Well that was my fifty cents worth for this thread. If you want to flame me do it, I did this for a good cause. If you agree with me, I would like some more comments on this. Anyone who doesn't care what I said don't post, simple as that.

Thanks

hmm, it seems clear that he did in fact copy paste the code from torrentit.com . I don't care if it's right or wrong, but he shouldn't try to hide it.

stuffradio,
'Simular' does not mean COPY & PASTE. Thats not a style. Its practicly impossible to publish a webpage and not have the html code freely available. You can try to encrypt the page with javascript or other methods, but you can still easily get their code.

I'm sure his CLIENT asked for him to make a similar page, not a duplicate. Even if this IS exactly what the client asked for, If a client asked me to steal from another site, I would refuse. He obviously did not ask permission from the original creators of the image to use it. Its an infringement of copyright.

'simply recreated the layout to look the same' <- No. You copied their code exactly to make it look the same.

'look the same, but with different images' <- You used their images for the paper. Not different.

The only reason I keep making my argument is because he keeps lying about it.

takita787 said:
Atleast rename the tables in the source from your RIP. It' so obvious.

And go ahead, try and rename it and say i was "seeing things"

Screenshot ftw.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2436/atleastrenamethetables5ng.jpg

Obvious ripped.

I never said it wasnt the same table layout. read previous postings moron. also, it was something sent to me, also stated moron. learn to read. it doesnt matter either. site is also totally different with all the graphics and content. go go complain somewhere else, and stop bumping an old thread.

The_rebel52@hotma said:
can you please share this template jstgermain?

i registered just to ask you this..

mesage me on yahoo

mct_jstgermain

and i can help you with the template. :)

Back