• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review Torrent Site Template!!!!

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
check this new template i am working on. please let me know if you think it llok ok. i know there is no menu yet. it was modeled after torrentit.com since that is what the client wanted, so i did what i could. let me know please. http://www.methodcomptech.com/testsite/ thanks in advance. :biggrin2:

For me not the best you have done but still looks great, I ''just'' dont like how the lines come outside the shape but others may do. Anyway still a good job :)

think i should make the lines the same length? is there anything else you think needs to be changed? i resonally dont like the burnt paper look, but that is what he was looking for. trying to convince him to change that. :) anyways, let me kow what else i should do. thanks in advance everyone.

p.s. does the header look ok? i just realized i could make animations in photoshop. lol. i wasnt sure how to do it before, thin i realized it was freaking easy and made the header. i was trying to get the same effect flash would have. what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Congratulations on ripping torrentit's layout. How lame can you get? :p

edit: I just noticed, the page title even says Torrentit.com. Obvious rip. lol

Last edited:
BeIIy said:
Congratulations on ripping torrentit's layout. How lame can you get? :p

edit: I just noticed, the page title even says Torrentit.com. Obvious rip. lol

you must be real smart.....i specifically said it was modeled after the torrentit site. also, maybe you should learn to read better, the title? there is no title yet. it says the path name to the file. so BeIIy, if you are going to review how it looks and not how you think it is a rip off when i say it is modeled after something else, then great. if you arent going to review, then dont waste my time with your patetic postings when i am looking for real ones. even though the site has the same layout, the graphics are all totally different and faster loading. so if anyone has some real comments, please leave them here. thanks again.

edit::
p.s. and to what some may believe, it it still not easy to take a template and completely change the look of it and make it work properly. any designer will say it is easier to just come up with your own. so yes, it was a pain to make it have the same layout. and i would like to improve it. and BTW, the header and images are original. that is what i really want to comments on. thanks for the comments, and i look forward to more.

Last edited:
you shouldn't make the lines go outside the design. and there is a little brown sht sticking out on the bottom. Maybe cuz i am using firefox to view it. if you dont have one i'll try to take a screenshot and show it to you. otherwise the whole design aspect looks nice. i like the burnt paper look i just hope it doesnt look wrong when there is more content added to the site. and i hope you'll put the navigation links on the bar that says donation and make a rollover effect on mouseover.

all those suggestions are already in the planner, but greatly appreciated. i will have to check it in firefox. i havent dont it just yet. so whatever problems there is, i will fix by tomorrow. thanks for the heads up. havent checked just yet. thanks again. :)

i took a screen shot if you wan me to email it to you or somethin cuz it wont let me attach it since it's 57 kb

ok, the problem with firefox is now fixed. thanks for the heads up on that abush. well, i will look forward to more reviews then. thanks everyone.

edit::
I also changed the banner this morning because the liked what it llked like, but wanted more of a cartoon feel for some reason. so much for my bryce image. :( oh well, he also wanted a treadue chest added in like torrentit, so i added one in. i will make the lines that go outside of the form smaller if he wants. thanks for the comments. keep them coming please.

Last edited:
jstgermain said:
so BeIIy, if you are going to review how it looks and not how you think it is a rip off when i say it is modeled after something else, then great. if you arent going to review, then dont waste my time with your patetic postings when i am looking for real ones. even though the site has the same layout, the graphics are all totally different and faster loading.
Why don't you get a better attitude? You have clearly done more than 'modeled' it after their site. You have RIPPED their layout, or at least portions of it.

I consider copying the exact html off of a page as ripping. It would be really simple to make something similar on your own! The burnt paper is a direct copy of torrentit's, just blurred on the edges a bit. You can clearly see that you have used their images (SEE EXAMPLE)

I was correct to say that you ripped off their layout.

Anyway, If you want a review of your design, I'll give you one:

The tan and blue colors don't go well with eachother. The background color blue doesn't go well with the darker blue either.
I don't see much evidence of an island anywhere. The logo looks like a birds eye view of an island with the photoshop Cutout filter applied to it. Add some palm trees or something!
The text on the logo is too small and doesn't stand out enough.
The upper left corner of the burnt paper doesn't line up properly under the treasure chest. Looks pretty bad.
Finally, the 'Login' link doesn't stand out well nor does it look good on that blue background.

Overall, it looks kinda messy and thrown together. The layout doesn't flow very well. A pretty mediocre attempt. Sorry.

as i said before, i could car less what you think. the paper edge were sent as a psd from the person that wants it, and i modified it to have the blus back behind it and burnt the edges more cause the original one looked sloppy. as for the colors, that is his choice. i could care less if you like the colors. i personally dont like it to much either, but i was wondering what others thought. as for tan and blue going together, they actually go together fine. it is called earth tone, but maybe you dont know how to match, i would hate to see how you dress. the image actually was a birds eye view of an island, imagine that, you got something correct. and it was edited in photoshop after being made in bryce, but now the whole header is changes because he wanted to go with a different look. the font color of the login is not the color i think it should be either, it will be canged to white or something in the future. so lets try to get some real reviews now from the usual people that arent new and know what they are talking about like liquid and Mr. X and moose. thanks craig, i appreciate your comment. and p.s. the html was far from ripped off. i recreated the tables and css for the file to look the same. not to hard if you have any sence of html programming and css. and like i said, the paper edges were sent to me, and i edited them. if they are similar or the same, i could care less.

jstgermain said:
as for the colors, that is his choice. i could care less if you like the colors. i personally dont like it to much either, but i was wondering what others thought. as for tan and blue going together, they actually go together fine. it is called earth tone, but maybe you dont know how to match, i would hate to see how you dress. the image actually was a birds eye view of an island, imagine that, you got something correct. and it was edited in photoshop after being made in bryce, but now the whole header is changes because he wanted to go with a different look. the font color of the login is not the color i think it should be either, it will be canged to white or something in the future. so lets try to get some real reviews now from the usual people that arent new and know what they are talking about like liquid and Mr. X and moose. thanks craig, i appreciate your comment. and p.s. the html was far from ripped off. i recreated the tables and css for the file to look the same. not to hard if you have any sence of html programming and css. and like i said, the paper edges were sent to me, and i edited them. if they are similar or the same, i could care less.

Wow. Thats what I call a bunch of lowercase letters stuck together into a mess of a paragraph. That was annoying to read. Anyway...

The paper edge is still based on the same image. I'm sure you noticed it was a duplicate. I would think that a designer would have the ethics to not use it.

If you don't care what I think about the colors, why do you care what other people think of them? Hipocracy.
You asked for a review and I gave a review. Don't complain about my opinions of what colors together. I'm allowed to have an opinion. I find it childish of you to insult me over my opinions.

Awesome! I was correct that it was a birdseye view of an island. Again, you attempt to insult me.

Lets see... Next, you tell me that my opinion doesn't count as much as the opinions of others. Another personal attack. You say that I'm new, when I've been registered for almost a year. (You've been registered for two months?)

I do know what I'm talking about. I've been learning, practicing and designing webpages for years.

When I first looked at the page, the HTML was ripped off. (As mentioned earlier, you had even left 'Torrentit.com' in the title!)

If you don't want a review, don't ask for one. I gave my honest opinion. Deal with it.

I'm glad to see you took my advice about adding an island with a palm tree and making the header text stand out more.
I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Last edited:
actually i just wanted a review on the layout, not the colors. so i am obviously getting nowhere with this review posint besides your childish comments, so i am ignoring this posting till it is closed. thanks craig for the comments, i will look at changing a couple things and maybe repost another time.

The colors are part of the layout. You're the one being childish. You did copy their html. example:
Code:
<SCRIPT language="javascript" src="include/news.js"></SCRIPT>
was left on your page from torrentit's page.

Just proving a point. Don't deny it.

hmm.....posting their code does not prove anything. so why dont you try getting the source from the correct page. p.s. this thread is set to deleat, so stop with the annoying comments now. thanks.

Each time I point out any html that its directly copied, you go and remove it.

Anyone who lookes at the source code of your page next to the source code of torrentit's homepage can easily see that you copy and pasted it.

If you're too cowardly to admit that you copied it and want this thread deleted to hide your shame. Good for you. I don't care anymore.

Congratulations on stealing their code, images, and ideas.

edit: http://www.methodcomptech.com/testsite/css/ <-- images stolen from torrentit :O More proof.

Last edited:
yeah, cause i stole so much. hmm. only image theat is the same is the paper one sent to me. i think the paper look is stupid, but that is my opinion, and that is what the customer wants. i also think it is pretty ammusing that you thnk i would take the time to go and change the code just for you considering i havent changed anything since about 10 a.m. this morning arizona time. so, good job at trying to make me look bad. you are getting really annoying at this point, so further comments will be ignored till deleated. if you have something important to say, then PM me instead of wasting the time of me and others reading all this garbage. thanks for not continuing to post.

Go ahead and ignore me.

You said that you coded the html yourself. You didn't.

After I mentioned that you left Torrentit.com in the title, you removed it.

Why should I need to PM you. I'm staying on the topic of this post, which is your layout.

You're the one making yourself look bad.
Thanks for continuing to lie and contradict yourself.

I hope that the moderators don't remove this thread. Covering your --- like that is cowardly.

Last edited:
Back