• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my Forum Software ;)

Richard

CRM Consultant
Premium Member
Hello,

For those of you who I've not spoken to in the last 3 months, i've been busy developing my own forum software in the image of vB 3.8, but it's NOT a clone, the code is not copied at all, and features work totally differnet.

Tonight, I released the first Demo of the software, called AIOBB (All in One Bulletin Board).

Please let me know what you think about the design, layout, ect. Or the software in general, signup for an account if you wish, I will keep everyone who does upto date with the latest news on the software.

The URL is: http://aiobb.com/forums/

PS: I am looking to release the software to the public for free, around the start of March, but will be looking for Beta testers before that time, if your interested, please sign up for an account on the forum, and post in the offtopic section that you are interested.

Thanks!

Wow! Very nice. And free?

I just might signup for a beta account. :)

:D Thanks, and yup, totally free, I plan to sell only support (installation / remote support, ect) but offer the software as free for anyone to use.

Looks good :) Simple, neat, but elegant :D

Maybe a plugin for tht in the future, Jonny? :p

:D I am going to include an API at some point that will make it much easier to add the system to scripts such as Jonnys, ect.

It looks relatively fascinating thus far, and I'd be interested to see how it progresses.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys :D I'm amazed at the amount of interest this project has got over the last 48 hours, I’ve now replied to everyone’s email/PM.

It has allot of features missing - I know, but please let me know what you want to see, and I will put it to top priority, for example, someone wanted to see polls, therefore, I will be working on that tonight.

Very nice. IS it fairly easy to edit the default template (like phpbb is pretty easy with their tpl files and regular html pages)

Will there be subforums and other VB/PHPBB3 features?

Very nice. IS it fairly easy to edit the default template (like phpbb is pretty easy with their tpl files and regular html pages)

Will there be subforums and other VB/PHPBB3 features?

Hello,

The template engine is smarty, it's very easy to edit them and change the theme fully with just a few modifications.

I am to have all vb/phpbb features included by the v1.0 release in April next year, but it will have sub forums by Feb 2010.

Looking good so far, Love that template. One thing I was wondering though, On Google Chrome it was kinda hard to see the thread title. It would be cool if you could show the thread title on the first post too.

Are you planning on making any inport scripts from phpBB, vB, SMF and other well known forums? I would love to test it on my site that my brother and I use for web communication, currently using phpBB3. I think selling support is quite a good way to make money from it, provided it is better than what a forum can offer.

(Are attachments not allowed here? I was going to show you what I mean by the thread title)

Looking good so far, Love that template. One thing I was wondering though, On Google Chrome it was kinda hard to see the thread title. It would be cool if you could show the thread title on the first post too.

Are you planning on making any inport scripts from phpBB, vB, SMF and other well known forums? I would love to test it on my site that my brother and I use for web communication, currently using phpBB3. I think selling support is quite a good way to make money from it, provided it is better than what a forum can offer.

(Are attachments not allowed here? I was going to show you what I mean by the thread title)

I think I know what you mean about the thread titles, i've updated that for the next version which should be released next week sometime.

I am planning on making a phpbb/vb/smf import script just after release, yes.

The support will cover installation/upgrade as well as ticket support, ect, and will allow customers to prioritize features for the next release.

it looks very good!

anyway, since u r going to release the forum script to be download for free, will it be opensource or the fles will be encoded?

it looks very good!

anyway, since u r going to release the forum script to be download for free, will it be opensource or the fles will be encoded?

The source will be unencoded (open), but i've yet to decide on what type of license to offer it under.

Just as an update; Version 0.4.5 has been released!

http://aiobb.com/dev/thread-66-p1.html

Hello!

A few minor features missing, like polls and attachments, but this should be worth it Polls and attachments will instead make their way into v0.5.

The main feature of this release, being the SEO URL's: http://aiobb.com/forums/forum-2-p1.html

Enjoy!

Things changed:

+ Added Settings from SQL
+ Allow Spaces in Username
+ Allow 3 letter usernames
+ Mod_Rewrite
+ Corrected profile location bug
+ added the [ right ] tag and [ center ] tag for alignment
+ Removed bbcode parsing in member.php post previews
+ Reversed the year, was 1899-2009, its now 2009-1899
+ Added whos online post_bit
+ Added who's online on forum home