• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review my design

Calinax

Hello,

I have finished up with my web hosting company design

www.uni-hosts.com

I would like you to post a review of it and the drawbacks of the design. Also, if possible, other suggestions :)

Nice website. Looks professional indeed.

One thought though: The guy next to the clock, is greyscale... Well it's just bit weird because all the rest of the site is in colors.

Well, Thanks for the feedback. New replies are welcome as well. But I can't figure why there is a jscript error in index page while the same script is on every page. I've checked that many times...

First impression was good, you look like a very profesional hosting company. Props for that. The one problem is the guy next to the clock, he's greyscale and his face is blending into the background if you zoom in. Very good. If I could fork over some cash right now(which I can't), you'd be my first choice for hosting. Great job.

Joey

Design OK, Terms are a deal-breaker

The Terms of Service are a little out of balance. I know it's all the rage now to advertise super-fierce terms, but business realities need to be considered.

"suspend account after 4 days" and "delete all data after 30 days" is far too harsh.

Choose to review a potential client at the start if you need to, but be able to deal with up to a 30-day lag on invoices. The only exception I have ever heard of is food produce wholesalers, who have data that cannot have value after such a 4-day period. Data essentially lasts forever.

Your terms would lead to situations like "Oh, Darby in Accounts payable took the day after Thanksgiving off, so that invoice from Tuesday didn't get paid until the following Monday." (And that's a best case scenario!)

The Terms of Service are a little out of balance. I know it's all the rage now to advertise super-fierce terms, but business realities need to be considered.

"suspend account after 4 days" and "delete all data after 30 days" is far too harsh.

Choose to review a potential client at the start if you need to, but be able to deal with up to a 30-day lag on invoices. The only exception I have ever heard of is food produce wholesalers, who have data that cannot have value after such a 4-day period. Data essentially lasts forever.

Your terms would lead to situations like "Oh, Darby in Accounts payable took the day after Thanksgiving off, so that invoice from Tuesday didn't get paid until the following Monday." (And that's a best case scenario!)

Well, I'm replying today since I'vent noticed this reply to my thread until now.

The reason of 4 days after invoice past due date is something I'm confused. I would need opinion of other hosts as well, active here.

We terminate all accounts once the account has past 30 days due date. Though, we keep a last backup of the account for next 60 days, but the account is terminated from the servers. Until that time, the account is suspended, and the owner can get the account immediately unsuspended once all the dues are paid.

Also, 30 days past due suspensionis whats not possible, its almost 30 days free.

Back