• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review banners please!

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
dedi1228350278.jpg

and

xmas1228351148.jpg

Hmm. I somehow get the impression that the ads are too tall for the content advertised. At least when I design pages vertical space is at a premium. But if you shrink height only it gets into those Golden Mean problems, so I'd think of crunching it horozontally as well. Then maybe that leftover part of the bar could be some little extra feature.

they do indeed look a little too big (or empty). For the top you could just move up the bottom (20~30px from the looks of it). Move up the 'ground snow' too, of course. The bottom one's harder, I can't imagine how santa might look if you crowd him into text. But the ad itself still seems a bit empty...

As for the snow, have you considered making it more like the traditional image (rather than just a circle)?
here's an example (good lord what a long URL):
http://z.about.com/d/chemistry/1/0/...ow&start=84&gbv=2&ndsp=21&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N

The first ones far better, the second one looks like white circles as apposed to snow.

Red gradients need reworking and the black gradient border looks horrid. The strikethrough on the 300 could also use tweaking. I'd put the sleigh in the bottom left of the top one.

not bad.

The first ones far better, the second one looks like white circles as apposed to snow.

Red gradients need reworking and the black gradient border looks horrid. The strikethrough on the 300 could also use tweaking. I'd put the sleigh in the bottom left of the top one.

not bad.

I agree, the first one looks much better, although I do like the colours and the Santa in the 2nd one.

Agreed with traditional snowflake suggestion as well.

I do prefer the first one as it seems more detailed in content of the banner as well as shows the christmas point.

Back