• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reverse Cell Lookup

Nick

NLC
Does a free one exist? I've received some text messages from an unknown number and I have a feeling it's an ex who's trying to get me to talk to her by being discreet so I will send a "who's this" message. If it's who I think it is, that will only open the flood gates for me getting bombarded with messages. Is there any free service out there that I could just get a name on the line?

I looked but most places want about $40 for it. For that much money, I'm content ignoring them.

I doubt you will find anything out there for doing free cell phone reverse lookups. Cell phone numbers will probably never be available in reverse lookup directories for free of charge. The best route is to try and social engineer the information you are looking for from the cell phone service provider. Some cell phone service providers do support CNAM (T-Mobile I think?). If that's the case, you could try backspoofing the cell phone number.
http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33687

Don't click any external links in the topic.

fake ones the phone trace.org makes you believe that you tracing then zooms all the way in to a naughty photo.

Well, I believe we should not link to that thread because of those NSFW contents? There are many members which are under 18 here... (no offense)

So basically, you're telling me that people can look up your information from a phone number in USA? That is pretty uncool, here in AU, not even the police can do that. And only some government divisions can do it (like ATO (tax), ASIO (intel) and similar). Unless you're like stupid and put such information on like Facebook and such.

And as for pin pointing the location, that is not possible I reckon. I mean the telecoms would know which one of their exchanges you are connected to at a certain time, but privacy policies of such companies state that this information is not disclosed to any other parties. Unless of course there is some sort of a GPS device installed on your phone that actually sends out your location to a satellite. Or if it is satellite phone for that matter.

So, presumably, the phone companies have this huge database of people's names connected to their number (I noticed that whitepages.com.au lets you look up people's numbers if you have their name/address/etc) but somehow not even the police can just do a reverse look-up? That seems very odd to me. It's the same information, just backwards. It seems like someone who knows your name being able to find your address and phone number by searching the white pages is more private information being given away than someone who somehow knows your phone number looking up your name and address, except in the case of you calling someone sekritly :p

back on topic here Nick, i havent seen any free ones, only paid, but, there may be one out there. just hanvent found it yet.

I love that other people know about binrev aside from me. Although I haven't heard the podcast in ages. Stankdawg better be still at it. I gave him a hard time back in the day and I think he freaked out about an email I wrote him on the show. *Memories*

I love that other people know about binrev aside from me. Although I haven't heard the podcast in ages. Stankdawg better be still at it. I gave him a hard time back in the day and I think he freaked out about an email I wrote him on the show. *Memories*

I just check the forums once a week or so. Never listened to the podcast.

I listen to Off the Hook every once in a while, though.

I don't believe I've ever heard Off the Hooks show. I think out of that entire scene, uberleeto is always going to be my favourite podcast. Weirdest guy ever.

I don't believe I've ever heard Off the Hooks show. I think out of that entire scene, uberleeto is always going to be my favourite podcast. Weirdest guy ever.

I did some quick googlin' to find it, but all I can find is the dead site hackermedia.net. Is that show still going on?

Nick,

My suggestion is free but takes a bit of wit and craftiness. Since you are in the US, it'd be pretty easy to narrow the number down between the main carriers (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, Tmobile, Alltell). Call a local STORE or even go into the store and provide them the number and let them know you are getting harrassing texts from this number and you believe it to be a number from their carrier.

Chances are, you'll get someone who doesn't know better and will look the number up and provide you the name to whom it belongs to. Go for the young people, they care the least about privacy ;) Of course, you'll fail a few times unless you are really lucky and pick the right provider on your first go, in which case just apologize and leave. If they give you any flak, just let them know you are taking the situation up with local police and don't want any personal information, just the name of the person the number belongs to.

Chances are good you'll be able to get this information. Now if a random person asked me this (I work for one of those big providers I listed), no way in hell I'd provide any info to them. But I know 90% of my colleagues would hand it over on a silver platter.

I did some quick googlin' to find it, but all I can find is the dead site hackermedia.net. Is that show still going on?

Hackermedia was a fantastic site with a great group of visiters, brings back some old memories.

You can find archives of uberleeto at www.audio.textfiles.com It's not still happening, but still a great listen.

Back