• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reselling own web space

KLiMaX

I've recently started up a Web Design and Web Hosting business in Perth, Western Australia. With my web hosting part of business I plan on reselling web space and allow business' to use their own domain with my services on top of
also reselling subdomains and allowing for pop3 mail accounts to their individual domains. So basically I'm looking for a web hosting company which will provide for me my own server name, and allow for me to resell the web space I buy off them. I'm not looking for a company to resell their web space at cheaper rates, but selling my own web space at my own rates. I need somewhere which will give me a good amount of web space (preferably unlimited) and unlimited pop3 mail accounts for all domains hosted with me.

Thanks for your time
Regards Craig

Good to see not only some aussie's on this board but some west aussie's. I too come from West Australia, gee isnt that Bell Tower something heh. I was thinking the same thing as you :). But I have looked into this matter, and you will need around $500AU a month, for good service. Usually dedicated services come with 32mb, or 64mb. Depending on what your looking into offering eg Mysql, CGI etc it might be worth while upgrading the Ram to the server straight away. If you do not have the funds at the moment, experiment a little (Well that's what Im doing anyways). I will see, how the response goes in offering webspace. I am going to offer something like this

For $110AU A year

500mb Of Storage
5gig Bandwidth Per Month
MySQL
ASP
PHP
CGI
SSL
1 Ftp Account (Extra accounts at small price)
Free Domain Registration
Unlimited POP 3 accounts
Frontpage 2000 Extensions

Tell Me What Ya Think!
Lynks

5 gig???

if you have alot of users that wont do shit

and 500 will only cover 50 users at ten megs each

500Mb Will cover more than 50 users at 10Mb each as most people never use 100% of their alloted space.

Originally posted by KLiMaX
I plan on reselling web space and allow business' to use their own domain with my services on top of
also reselling subdomains and allowing for pop3 mail accounts to their individual domains.

This all has to be set up for every domain. Often yo'll see a per domain fee (sometimes one-tie, sometimes, small monthly, sometimes both) to set this up.

So basically I'm looking for a web hosting company which will provide for me my own server name, and allow for me to resell the web space I buy off them. I'm not looking for a company to resell their web space at cheaper rates, but selling my own web space at my own rates. I need somewhere which will give me a good amount of web space (preferably unlimited) and unlimited pop3 mail accounts for all domains hosted with me.

Thanks for your time
Regards Craig

You sound like yo want to find a host that allows you everything that a dedicated server will allow, but for $20/mo. You aren't going to find a host that is willing to direct an 'unlimited amount' of domains to an 'unlimted amount' of webspace with 'unlimted emails'. If you *do* find this, my advice would be to avoid them.

Virtual servers (like vservers.com) offer you part of a server (it is really one server split up), and maybe this is more of what you need.

Anyway, there are hosts that allow you to add domains to an account for one-time fees, and they probably will set up email as well.

At least don't expect 'unlimited' ::shudder::

Originally posted by Lynks

For $110AU A year

500mb Of Storage
5gig Bandwidth Per Month
MySQL
ASP
PHP
CGI
SSL
1 Ftp Account (Extra accounts at small price)
Free Domain Registration
Unlimited POP 3 accounts
Frontpage 2000 Extensions

Don't get me wrong here people. I am offering this. I am not setting up a FWSP. The list contains everything they will get for $110AU per year. It is not what I am getting. The Australian webhosting market is very expensive, so I'm not only trying to make some money for myself, but eventually bring some competition to this market. For the above package right now, you will need to spend around $500 a month in Australia. So for $110AU a year, I think i will have people flooding in.

Lynks

KliMax and Lynks, you both should put your heads together if you both have ideas on continuing forward with this, and bonus being both in W.A. too.

I know emuadvance has 50 Mb / 1 Gb transfer at $10 A.U. P/Mth ($100 P/Yr) and now 500Mb / 2Gb transfer at $20 A.U. P/Mth ($200 P/Yr). They also are offering fwh too.

Dont see how offering the package you have suggested would be longterm financially viable at all. A while ago, myself being from Melbourne thought about the same idea and lept b4 fully realising the hidden costs, traps, etc of reaching deep in my pocket.

Im not saying dont do it but rather go by the market rather than what can be theoretically possible as theory doesnt write the cheque for everything unexpected.

Good Luck with it.

Back