• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Programs...

Aquatix

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it doesn't fit anywhere else...

So, whats the deal with web hosting reseller programs?

Anyone got any experiences? Can you think of any good programs? Good way to earn? etc, etc, etc...

Just curious to hear your general feedback.

- Aquatix :)

Don Host has the best reseller programs...JUST KIDDING. Umm, I don't know to to much about them but I think almost all resellers aren't very good hosts, (almost all hosts) most of the time it isn't the Host themselves but who they are reselling from. I tend to keep away from them...how the hell did I end up on a don host???

I have a reseller account, but I don't resell the space. There good for people like me that multiple domains. It's a lot more convenient and inexpensive to get a reseller account then to buy an account for each domain, heh. I'm using Genius-Hosting. I haven't been using them very long, but so far I like them.

I don't think running a hosting business on them is a good idea, but if you do web design and have lots of clients, or you have lots of sites yourself I think its a great idea - I'm getting one hopefully! :D

hahaha, yeah sure

2. UNLIMITED TRAFFIC! Most of our competitors limit the number of "hits" or web accesses your site will be allowed. We don't believe in penalizing you or your site for success! We do not actively monitor your site traffic and we only charge extra for very high traffic sites - see FAQ #22 for more details.

Sure the largest host has unlimited bandwidth. that is pretty funny, maybe they are huge, but comon unlimited bandwidth. Maybe hight to them is 4gig

dude, most of their money comes from resellers... I don't even think the people care about the site anymore.... they are based in Texas so that's why I know

Everyone at this forum that knows something about hosting, knows not to trust unlimited plans, because it is false advertisement. There is no such thing as unlimited.

So, anyone got any ideas who I should look at setting up a reseller program with? (UK based would be a bonus...)

- Aquatix :)

First of all, what's your budget? Then there are 2 types of reseller plans. You can set up an account with a host and resell their packages. This style reselling doesn't require alot of cash (if any) up front. Of course you are limited to the plans your hosts offers but if they are semi-decent then it's sometimes a good place to start and then you could work up to the next kind of reselling.

This is where you buy a larger slice of space and transfer and divide up those resources into your own plans. The outlay per month is more and if you haven't got any clients from day 1 then it can be costly. This type of plan normally comes with your own personalised nameservers which can be essential to a hosting company.

Just some food for thought when thinking of diving into the reseller biz. :)

Do resellers pre install the CP and stuff for you, are do you have to decide on what you want and do that? Another thing is, how much does a CP cost?

you will have to use the CP that the company provides as far as i know. and CPs tend to cost arond US$500 for a licence to use them.

I've been thinking about a Myacen Resller, or my own dedicated server as well.

Us 3 should go into business together. :biggrin2: :cool:

I am up for it toefur, what would you want to do? Something with RackShack or Myacen? Hmmm we should look into it.

yeah me and a friend of mine are looking at getting a dedicated server. Been looking for prices basically want something like a rackshack deal or comparable. not neccessarily rackshack though. I have heard a few bad things about them lately

Back