• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller programs

Webdude

NLC
Can someone give me links to reseller programs? I need to find out price-vs-resource on other hosts. Perhaps some of you can answer some of my questions.

1) What kind of setup fee?
2) Last I heard, there was a monthly fee to be a reseller. This is on top of the monthly fees for used resources.
3) What are the fees charged to resellers for resources? For example, an account that has 5 of everything(subs, ftp, etc), 100 megs space, 4 gigs bandwidth....would cost the reseller "how much" per month?

Thanks Jbiz. So you give a reseller that amount of each thing, and they pay the certain amount...and then from there they can divide all that up into accounts that they themselves sell?

Since I have never been a resller, never offered reseller accounts either...then I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to this..LOL

I dont know. Those seem to bit out of whack. Seems to me that if you would math it out a bit better. For example, 100 accounts with 4 gigs bandwidth and 100 megs space each at $4 per month. That's what we sell them for and it would equal $400 per month. Since that is cut throat pricing, the reseller would be charged the same.

So if a reseller paid $400 per month for the resources that equal out to 100 accounts at 4 gig monthly bandwidth each and 100 megs each, then they could make a killing.

instead of 100 meg accounts, do 50 meg accounts.
instead of 4 gigs each, do 2.
Charge $4 per month per account.
Under this math, and if they have 200 accounts sold that way....
$400 Net Profit for the reseller each month

DAMN!! If I do that, I'm gonna become a reseller of myself!! LOL. It looks right, but it has got to be wrong somewhere. I could easily sell 50 meg accounts for $4 each...

Dang, they could even divide it down to 25 meg accounts with 1 gig each, charge $4 for an account like that...and profit $1200!! I think I'm gonna like being a reseller if this is how the math goes :D Hell that's better than having your own dedicated server!

Last edited:
Webdude

Our plans our setup to get you into the feel of server administration...

Overall with Plesks, PEM(Plesk Enterprise Management) coming out, we will be able to move our reseller to full machines as they grow on demand.

Joe

Back