• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Request: Free host - MediaWiki - Text only - adult content

GameStrat

Authors from a handful of text-only erotica sites are coming together to work on an erotic stories Wiki.

The package we need is MediaWiki from MediaWiki dot org

That means that we need PHP 5.3.2+, and one of the three following: MySQL 5.0.2+ Postgres 8.3+ SQLite 3.6+

The higher the version, the better. We'd prefer MySQL, as the hope is that the site will grow in traffic as word-of-mouth reaches people.

Which features do you need? (optional)
cPanel
mySQL
PHP
FTP

Do you need any other features? (optional)
Not to my current knowledge.

Do you accept that the host will put ads on your pages?
Yes. If the host uses adult content ads, our userbase seems fitting.

Is it ok if the host require you to post at their forum in order to get free hosting?
Depending on the requirements of posting, yes.

If you are going to host special content, please describe it (for instance adult content, video hosting etc) (optional)
Adult Content - Text stories on Wiki pages.
Media uploads (e.g. images, video, music) will be disabled in the MediaWiki software, and we will not upload them via FTP. We understand that hosting is an expensive enterprise, and want to make hosting our presence a break-even - if not profitable for the host - deal.
We also want to keep the filesizes of downloaded pages small, as authors might want to use MediaWiki to create XML file backups of their pages.

If your site is in another language than English specify the language here
All current authors use English, and we don't anticipate expanding that in the near future. If we do transition to multiple languages, MediaWiki allows us to do localization implementations, so I don't think that we'd need any special support or features in order to make the transition.

Space? (optional)
I'll leave figuring that out to the experts (given the MySQL and PHP requirements), but I'd anticipate around 1-2 Gigs of space would be the most that the site would ever use. If we had 10000 MediaWiki text only-pages filled with 100kb of content each, that would hit 1 Gig - and that scenario is entirely possible in the future.
Of course, 10K pages means 10K-30K ad banners visible to an adult-content-seeking userbase, so this might be a particularly good deal for sites that have adult banners.

Back