• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Request Blogsite Space

Well I will suggest a host for you, please note I am not affiliated with them, just been a user for almost 4 yrs.

http://namepad.net

From the website:

Disk Space -1000 mb
Bandwith -30 gb
DirectAdmin

Softaculous Auto Installer

PHP 5 with Zend, eAccelerator and ionCube PHP Loader
MySQL 5+ Databases -10
Subdomains – 10
Parked Domains – 10
Add-on Domains -10
E-mail Accounts – 0-5
FTP – 5
MX Control
Full DNS Control
No File upload Limit
ClamAV
Cron Jobs
Perl
FrontPage
Curl
GD2
Web Mail
Custom Error Pages
Free Upgrades as you need them
Much, Much more

No ads, no post but I do believe they have an ad code if you wanted to support them. Very reliable as I stated I have used them since early 2007. Support is usually very quick, least for me, and always solved the minor problems I encountered (not from their service, but from Wordpress that I never used before). They do support wordpress, as my 2 websites are wordpress powered (one is in sig, other is in the website review thread), I believe they do require you to install hypercache on wordpress, so it uses less resources (probably not a huge deal for smaller sites, but on larger ones it is likely significant).

Anywho, that's who I would recommend. I am not only a customer, I am, well.... a customer.

I would like to make an offer. I have only been with the current service provide since Oct, 2011. Good till Oct, 2012. I have no plans on folding up. Supported Apache, cPanel, PHP, MySQL. No billing spam at all. I do not have a support teem. I do not do backups for user. I do not interfere with the users at all unless I observe an unattended website. There is all the backup or site moving utilities for you to maintain the website yourself. data transfer can be adjusted to compensate for viral. I would be providing this out of my own pocket and I make no guarantees the hardware does not fail. I do stress a user makes his/her own backup in case the unfortunate happens. I offer 100 MB disk space 1024 MB Monthly data transfer. For user who are active an do not abuse. transfer will be adjusted per usage. By that I mean if the quota reaches 80% it will be increased till the cycle turns. Disk space can also be adjusted.

The only requirements is you own your own domain (TLD). I would like the site to be in English.

I'm out of the free hosting side of things for while, but I do sponsor certain forum members and sites here and there. I would be happy to just put you out of your misery with all this posting and currency nonsense. :D It should not take 2 pages worth of requests to try to figure out how to get an account or how the posts work. Shame on them.

I would like to make an offer. I have only been with the current service provide since Oct, 2011. Good till Oct, 2012. I have no plans on folding up. Supported Apache, cPanel, PHP, MySQL. No billing spam at all. I do not have a support teem. I do not do backups for user. I do not interfere with the users at all unless I observe an unattended website. There is all the backup or site moving utilities for you to maintain the website yourself. data transfer can be adjusted to compensate for viral. I would be providing this out of my own pocket and I make no guarantees the hardware does not fail. I do stress a user makes his/her own backup in case the unfortunate happens. I offer 100 MB disk space 1024 MB Monthly data transfer. For user who are active an do not abuse. transfer will be adjusted per usage. By that I mean if the quota reaches 80% it will be increased till the cycle turns. Disk space can also be adjusted.

The only requirements is you own your own domain (TLD). I would like the site to be in English.
Sorry to say, but the offer is barely enough to support a default wordpress install, let alone customization.

On my softaculous it is less then the 50 I thought, but at 31.

you may be right about that I download and install from a current stable. then remove unwanted. so that not really default install. but it can be minimal. 100 MB is not much but it could run wordpress.

Well I will suggest a host for you, please note I am not affiliated with them, just been a user for almost 4 yrs.

http://namepad.net

From the website:

No ads, no post but I do believe they have an ad code if you wanted to support them. Very reliable as I stated I have used them since early 2007. Support is usually very quick, least for me, and always solved the minor problems I encountered (not from their service, but from Wordpress that I never used before). They do support wordpress, as my 2 websites are wordpress powered (one is in sig, other is in the website review thread), I believe they do require you to install hypercache on wordpress, so it uses less resources (probably not a huge deal for smaller sites, but on larger ones it is likely significant).

Anywho, that's who I would recommend. I am not only a customer, I am, well.... a customer.
Namepad is not really a Free Host. I have been checking on them from time to time as I think someone (I can't recall who) recommended them months ago as well. Every time when I click on their "Order Free Hosting" button it comes up with this page:
http://namepad.org/HM/order/

You state you offer the service to active members of the community. What do you classify as active? Your P2H service uses some sort of forum currency, which nowhere I have seen remotely displays how much you get for anything. You need 400 PBPP/month for the lowest plan. No one knows how many posts that would take. A little clarity will go a long way.

1) My service did use a form of internal currency until the vBulletin upgrade and L2P Beta announcements.
2) The website has been kept up for legacy purposes, but it seems to be confusing people. I will remove it and all the out of date information as soon as possible. I thought "Note: We are in the middle of rebuilding our website so there are no hard posting requirements. We offer webhosting accounts to active members of our community." with a default vBulletin installation on a new domain name would be enough.
3) I never have and never will post any details on how the currency systems are setup. I offered hints years ago, but it only encouraged abuse and spam as people tried to bypass the system. Now I only say, we offer webhosting to active members of our community with no hard posting requirements because there is no software in place to enforce those yet. It is still being built.

[cPanel Web Hosting]
Webspace: 2GB
MySQL DBs: 10
FTP Accounts: 10 (Request for more)
Email Accounts: 10 (Request for more)
Subdomains: 10 (Request for more)
Domain Addons: 1
Bandwidth: 20GB
Panel Version: cPanel Pro 11
Server Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (4 Cores), 3GB RAM. DataCenter: DIMENOC, FL
Hosting Contents/Legal Info: http://www.hostdime.com/support/legal/

[DirectAdmin Web Hosting]
Webspace: 5GB
MySQL DBs: 20
Bandwidth: 50GB
FTP Accounts: 20 (Request for more)
Email Accounts: 20 (Request for more)
Subdomains: 20 (Request for more)
Panel Version: DirectAdmin (Latest)
Server Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (4 Cores), 4GB RAM. DataCenter: Hetzner, DE
Hosting Contents/Legal Info: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/legal/agb

Contact me via email @ i[dot]am[at]kyroskoh[dot]com if you are interested.

1) I only say, we offer webhosting to active members of our community with no hard posting requirements because there is no software in place to enforce those yet. It is still being built.

OK, one more time:

I've registered and am an active user, what do I do next?

Are you able to provide a subdomain, i.e., mysite.yourpage.com? Y/N?

Back