• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Remember fws?

Yeah, I miss the activeness. But I can't say I am near as active as I once was. Kind of a bummer really

The only thing that really disappoints me is that I'm WAY cooler now than I ever was when this place was active.

That could be a result of having less time to spend here and actually going out and having a life, but that's mostly speculation on my part

I noticed this as well, how forums in general across the internet are all in decline. The newer generations of internet users prefer social networking over forums, while the even less social people like to stay with the forums or don't even do that much- forever lurking without joining.

Times are indeed changing, as usual I got to the party late. But there are still hosting clients out there, they're just even harder to find than they were before.

I definitely used to use t35.com back in my web site makin' days. That takes me back. They were one of the best back then for free hosts before more people realized it and then it sucked. Is it any good now?

Don't answer that, I really don't care

gcsnet.net FTW (hint: they actually gave you a freaking dedicated IP among other things)

Was far more active when I first came.
But people like Decker left, who would post all over the forum.
Less fun now.

Freehostia is still going strong last I looked. I had sites hosted with them for a long time.

What gets me is why gamespy planets collapsed. Apparently they didn't realize how troublesome it would be. I helped maintain a site hosted there for quite a while before it finally went down, the source code being salvaged for later purposes.

Back