• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recommend me some FFMPEG Host`s! thats works with Cumulus Clips

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
Ive been trying to get one of my projects off the ground but in the last couple of months its not been easy, firstly finding the time! Secondly getting the hosting configuration. I do have a VPS with FFMPEG installed but for some silly reason it`s not running the script I want to use (Cumulus Clips) the script is really far out there, needs different configurations from most video hosting scripts php-motion, vidiclip etc.

So I have just signed up with a host I used to years back that offered good FFMPEG hosting at the time (APTHost) paid a years upfront only to find that it now has an php / http upload limit of 55mb (I know a joke) but anyway tried to install Cumulus Clips on APThost only for it to spit out 500 errors.

Getting a little frustrated now, I do wanna use the Cumulus Clips script because simply it`s awesome. Can anyone recommend me a provider that I can use the script on?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Cirtex Hosting have FFMPEG installed and have been around for years. I usually only hear good things about them.

Once the site grows you could look into getting a VPS for the site, which will allow you to install anything you need.

Cirtex Hosting have popped up on my scope more than once, but I have a rule of thumb to never trust unlimited hosting and never will.

Thanks for the suggestion tho John.

Honestly, shared hosting isn't really appropriate for FFMPEG and video encoding, regardless of what certain hosts might say, just due to the CPU usage. Your best bet for configuration and such is going to be a VPS.

That said...I'm not at all familiar with Cumulus Clips. What is so special that it can't be set up on a VPS? You should be able to do almost anything configuration-wise on that VPS that you could do on a dedicated. I just looked up the requirements and the only thing that looks remotely funny is simplexml needs to be enabled in the PHP setup. All the other requirements are very standard. Do you have PHP compiled properly on the VPS, with all the listed requirements?

What are the 500 errors saying on the shared hosting? They should show up in the log. Perhaps that would try to help us narrow down what exactly is going wrong.

That said, if you want to try it out on any of our servers (shared or VPS), I would be more than happy to let you give it a try, and then we can try to figure out configuration differences, etc. I'm just lost as to why that script wouldn't work on the VPS.

Last edited:
I think it's not a problem to find a host which provides FFMpeg on shared account, visit an offer section or WHT.

How skilled is their staff? When you need customer service of a technical nature, you need it immediately, right? Find out the availability of their systems administrators.

Does its technical support function 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (often abbreviated 24/7), all year around?
Note that the majority of webmasters will not accept a host which does not have staff working on weekends or public holidays.

Back