• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Rate my new PC

xgm541

Case ( Battalion-101 S-Turbo[AMD] Series 15.4" 16:10 Wide Screen WXGA 1280x800 LCD TFT Notebook w/Li-Ion Battery, Universal AC Power Adapter, Deluxe Carrying Original Metallic Silver Color )
Processor ( Mobile AMD® Athlon-64 3700+ CPU )
Free Software/Game ( Free Game --- Half Life 2 Download Coupon with purchase of any AMD-64 based systems or Mobile Turion notebook )
Memory ( 1024MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC-3200 [Notebook Memory] Corsair )
Video Card ( Mobility 128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 256-bit 3D Video )
Hard Drive ( 60 GB 7200rpm ATA-100 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [Special !!!] 8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 16x CD-R/RW Combo Drive [S-Series] )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Fax Modem ( Build-in 56K V.90 Fax Modem [Notebook] )
Network Card ( Build-in 10/100 Network LAN [Notebook] )
Mouse ( Optical 800-dpi Internet Mouse USB/PS2 for Notebook Red )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in 3x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook] )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( Build-in 3-in-1 Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook] )
Carrying Case ( Free Deluxe Carrying Case )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook] )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
MP3 Player ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [FREE] Wireless LAN Wi-Fi 802.11g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Module )
Warranty ( Warranty Service iBUYPOWER Premium Warranty Package-I: Standard 1-Year Limited Warranty + First Year 24/7 Phone Support )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

It cost $1308. :cool2:

It is nice, but I would rate 7/10, since you spent 1300 and only have a ati 9700 running in it. I basicly have the same thing, Intel wise, but a ati x300 64meg. For only 750. Now i know the ati 9700 wasn't that much. Now maybe you wouldn't be using this machine for graphics but I find it hard for you to spend 1300 for something your not using intensively.

RivaCom said:
It is nice, but I would rate 7/10, since you spent 1300 and only have a ati 9700 running in it. I basicly have the same thing, Intel wise, but a ati x300 64meg. For only 750. Now i know the ati 9700 wasn't that much. Now maybe you wouldn't be using this machine for graphics but I find it hard for you to spend 1300 for something your not using intensively.
x300 a 64mb for 750? I didn't know the pci-xpress series came that small....

WOw. but wonder why it was Windows XP Home and not Pro.
Must be durn big with that screen. How long do the bat last?

RivaCom said:

No way, the 9700 was totally ------.

7/10 because
1. It's probably a battery-guzzler with the size of the screen and the power of the video/cpu.
2. It's Windows ZP HOME! (Pro is better, but any Linux is even better)
3. No TV Tuner support. With most computers these days you don't even need a TV.
4. Over $1000 for it......

Other than that, good computer! :D

With the function this laptop will serve me, all your statements are wrong because:

The only time I will take it out of the outlet would be when im going outside, and it wont be on for more than 2 hours.

I have Windows XP Professional at home, but I have no use whatsoever for it, just a different wallpaper and logo for me. Oh ofcourse it has functions that let you edit the system more, but what do i need that for? BTW, new windows is coming out soon :). Id rather save up for that.

Since my PC will be staying at home most of the time (like first thing said), and since i already have a small portable TV there, do i really need TV on my laptop?

If you can find a comparible laptop from dell/gateway/sony for less or equal value, id like you to buy it, because a even slower laptop from dell with even close to my specs costs $1000 more.

Last edited:
do they deliver to the uk? Im having trouble getting decent laptops cheap here, our laptops here cost the same in £'s as they do in $'s in the states.
Im not joking.

I should warn you, from what I've experienced when I had my PC, iBuyPower's support sucks unless you know what part you need replaced and can just tell them. And, if you need something expensive replaced (my vid card, mobo, and memory failed all at once due to an unknown problem. it was constantly reseting itself even after replacing the power supply) and need to ship the PC in for repair, you have to pay for the shipping to get it there. I bought mine in 2003 with their 3 year iCare warranty, but lost the reference number when I bought a new case. :(

Nice computer though. :)

Back