• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RAM Optimizers - which one?

icontact

What is the best tool to use for freeing up RAM?

Hello Folks! Just wondering if you know of any decent tool that optimizes RAM and freeing it when not in use. I have a 1GB of RAM but still seems to run out when Im running multiple applications on my notebook, such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver simultaneously.

Any suggestions?

the best one i've used is Ram Booster...you can find it on download.com by searching for "Ram Booster". It is a very small program that gets the job done fast!

but I personally use my program that I coded. :)

That RamBooster is good...I have only been using it for like a day becuase I read about it here but it seems to work well.

Those programs are shit. They make the pc run actually slower.

When you work in photoshop it stores stuff in memory, layers blablabla. if you clean this then its gonna work even slower as it'll have to recalc and recache everything back again.

You could use them After you finish using ram-extensive programs, but not meanwhile.

Well, thats my point of vue from my experience.

^I agree I have bad experience with them, and I only have 512 mb of ram and I run PS CS2 and Dreamweaver MX at the same time with no problem, I don't understand why it's slow

Ive used System Mechanic Pro which has a memory defrag tool and has the function to free up RAM.

Better to go back to an app that I already know about

^tip, if you really want to use a memory freeing tool, use only the defrag tool that's on it, because it will remove the little gaps between the information on the Ram and make more space, but remember that when you're running a program it uses some ram

there would be no reason to try to free up more ram space for a program that you are already running this would just make it slower. Only need to clear ram when you need to play a game or something. But the best solution is simply to get more ram. I got 2 gb so i'm covered :)

i use freeramxp pro and it works good here,
however i used ram booster (i didnt like but it does the job) and ram def XTreme in the past, maybe it was the settings i set it to, but ram def XTreme whenever it got low, it tried to free up soo much ram (which was good in a way) but when you were watching a movie on the computer or playing a game it would slow down/crash the computer, however it is a very powerful ram booster ;)

Back