• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quick Ensim Question...

xzx

b&
b&
With ensim, each username under an account is the same username and pass that you use for a mysql database, right? Does it have to be in the same format as the ftp like : username@domian.com and pass?

thanks.

acccount username is the same as your pop3 mailbox and ftp username.

for example, lets say you have a user called 'meow', his account name is 'meow'. His email would be meow@anydomain.com. his username for his ftp account would be 'meow' also. All of these have the same password.

for meow@anydomain.com, it depends on how you setup the address in sendmail or qmail. If you want to know how to set that up using qmail, dun ask me. I know nothing about qmail.

you can setup any usernames, database names you want.
you can setup a database with the username 'yupapa' for the meow account.

UNDERSTAND? :classic2:

Originally posted by xzx

So how do i create a mysql database with ensim so i can use it with something like vbb?

If that control panel doesn't allow you to create db, i think you can do it with shell... IF you have shell access...

Originally posted by YUPAPA

If that control panel doesn't allow you to create db, i think you can do it with shell... IF you have shell access...

Well it has Mysql, when i click on the link and enter my user and pass, i can create a table with lots of fields. I just need to create a user and pass with which i can enter those in the installer on vbb and it should log in.

It's not very complicated, i am just unfamilar with ensim, i know how to make them in plesk tho...

If you create an account and give it mySQL access a user and database are automatically created. The password for the database I think is the same as that of the hosting account by default, but can be changed in the site control panel. Further accounts can easily be made using PHPmyADMIN, though you need to know the commands to do so.

MySQL server manager
MySQL Administration tool

Create database

GRANT ALL ON databasename* TO username; (At least I think this is correct, haven't used it for a while)

Can't remember how to create new users and the feature is disabled on the Ensim.com demo so I can't recall by looking at it.

Basicly, all mySQL administration on Ensim is done via PHPmyADMIN, so find a site with some info on it and start reading...

Originally posted by Tazzman
If you create an account and give it mySQL access a user and database are automatically created. The password for the database I think is the same as that of the hosting account by default, but can be changed in the site control panel. Further accounts can easily be made using PHPmyADMIN, though you need to know the commands to do so.

MySQL server manager
MySQL Administration tool

Create database

GRANT ALL ON databasename* TO username; (At least I think this is correct, haven't used it for a while)

Can't remember how to create new users and the feature is disabled on the Ensim.com demo so I can't recall by looking at it.

Basicly, all mySQL administration on Ensim is done via PHPmyADMIN, so find a site with some info on it and start reading...

Create new table on database my_domain.net:
Name :
Fields :

When i enter a name to create, i also have to enter a number of fields. I tried one, and went on to the next screen, and it showed all the good stuff:

Field Type Length/Values* Attributes Null Default Extra Primary Index Unique
TINYINT SMALLINT MEDIUMINT INT BIGINT FLOAT DOUBLE DECIMAL DATE DATETIME TIMESTAMP TIME YEAR CHAR VARCHAR TINYBLOB TINYTEXT TEXT BLOB MEDIUMBLOB MEDIUMTEXT LONGBLOB LONGTEXT ENUM SET BINARY UNSIGNED UNSIGNED ZEROFILL not null null auto_increment

Table comments : Table type :
Default MyISAM Heap Merge Berkeley DB ISAM

* If field type is "enum" or "set", please enter the values using this format: 'a','b','c'...
If you ever need to put a backslash ("\") or a single quote ("'") amongst those values, backslashes it (for example '\\xyz' or 'a\'b').

And here is where i got confused.

Back