• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quick Dedicated Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

CRM Consultant
Premium Member
Hello,

I know its strange, me, looking for quotes, but I like to try new places, and backup my work as much as possible. But this time, I am looking for a new type ;)

I am looking for a kindof low spec, mid price Windows Dedicated Server.

What I am looking for:

• AMD or Intel (No Celerons please) 1.8Ghz and Up
  • 1GB RAM (Might go with 512MB)
  • >100GB Hard Drive (Please quote for an upgrade to 250GB if less than that, am looking for quotes of around 120-160GB to start with.)
  • 1TB Bandwidth (up *AND* down) as a minimum
  • 100mbps connection
  • 2 IP's minimum
  • Windows 2003, Web or Standard, please quote on both

Setup fee's will be looked at on the upgrades (as long as there are no extra monthlys), but I will not consider setup fee's on the server at all. No matter what the monthly price would be.

But. The most important thing. I would like this setup 24 hours after ordering, as a MAXIMUM.

I am looking to order in the next 4 hours. I already have one place lined up, and if no good quotes come in, in that time, I will go with this company. Please no WSServers/SaidCom/SaidHost/Burst resellers. All other resellers will be considered.

I am looking for a heathly relationship with this new provider, and expect to see this order expand to 4 servers in a few months time. No management required, no support required unless something does wrong on the providers end.

Thanks,
Richard Anderson

Last edited:
Hey,

hehe talk about wierd to see you asking, let me see what me and Bill can come up with for you in our CalPop center if you want..

Hey,

hehe talk about wierd to see you asking, let me see what me and Bill can come up with for you in our CalPop center if you want..

Sure is Josh. Normaly I drone the forums for a few weeks looking at providers and offers, etc. And I do have my eye on one around these parts. But I need this dedicated quickly for a project I am working on.

Please do get me that quote ;) I have to admit, i've been looking up CalPop for awhile now :p I was going to try them out a few weeks ago, but never got around to ordering.

Hello Richard,

Inbreco Solutions would like to offer you the following ;

Core2Duo 2.13GHz
160GB HDD
1GB DDR RAM
1500GB Bandwidth
100mbps
6 Dedicated IPs
£72.50 / $145.00/month

- Windows Web 2003 + £7.50 / $15.00
- Windows Standard 2003 + £15.00 / $30.00
- Upgrade to 250GB HDD + £5.00 / $10.00

Can get this server up within 24 hours of ordering for you Richard, this is not with any of the listed resellers!

Coupon - 84jf4nb4 - Entitles you to 5% off the order!

Order Here

Jason,

Thanks for the offer, but that is far too expensive for the specifications I require, its also overkill on the CPU. I am looking for Single core CPU's of around the 1.8GHz. And Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz would be great.

- Richard

Hey Richard,

We have our current specials available, so maybe this is better for you ;

AMD Athlon 2.1GHz
160GB HDD
1GB DDR2 RAM
1000GB Bandwidth
8 IP Addresses
From £45.00 / $90.00/month

- Windows Standard 2003 - £10.00 / $20.00
- Upgrade to 250GB HDD - £5.00 / $10.00

Once again not with any of the listed resellers!

Order Here

Jason,

What Datacenter?
Test IP (Pingable)?
Test File?

One time setup fee on that 250GB HD?
8 IP's, is that a /29 block? Is it 8 Usable, or 5 usable?

Jason,

What Datacenter?
Test IP (Pingable)?
Test File?

One time setup fee on that 250GB HD?
8 IP's, is that a /29 block? Is it 8 Usable, or 5 usable?

Hey,

Datacenter is LimeStone, test IP is 216.245.195.130. 250GB HDD is the price per month and out of the 8 IPs, 5 are usable. I'm off now and shall be back tomorrow, have a good evening Richard.

Hi Richard, we can offer you the following out of the Databank datacenter:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
1GB of RAM
250GB SATA HDD
1500GB Bandwidth (100mbps port)
5 IPs

FREE Setup - $109.99 per month

FREE Windows 2003 Standard

Please email sales[at]servercomplete[dot]com for more details. We can have you setup within 24 hours, no problem!

NameerSK, cfhdev,

What Datacenter? Test IP?

@ NameerSK - What Opetron? There are many.
@ NameerSK - What Windows 2003? Standard? Enterprise? Web?
@ NameerSK & cfhdev - Setup in 24 hours or less?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it ;)

Thanks for the offers so far, please keep them coming. I might sleep on this ;) so do post until I have picked someone and posted so :D

Hi Richard,

I can do that config that I mentioned above for $99.99 if you are interested, again it will include a free 100mbps port upgrade and Windows Server 2003 Standard free of charge.

If you are looking to have multiple machines in the future, all of your servers will be interlinked on an internal LAN making data transmission free of charge, the internal LAN would of course also be free of charge.

Daniel,

You are on my consideration list, but the fact that you have only been around since December of last year is putting me off a little. But we will see ;) I do sometimes try new hosts out now and again, and this project is not mission critical.

Please keep the offers coming. I will contact considered hosts via PM and support tickets tomorrow morning/mid-day to test support speed, etc. As I said, i will cosider all hosts.

Please if making an offer, post what datacenter you are located at, and provide a test IP as a minimum, I wont be asking anymore, and any offers not including that information will not even be considered.

Thanks,
Richard Anderson

I can vouch for CFH Developing (I have a server with them), Bandwidth is excellent (Level 3), fairly quick setup and support responses, great value for what you're paying. I was downloading Ubuntu from Boston to Florida fairly quickly on a 100 mbps port.

http://p1networks.net/fast.PNG

Hello,

Thanks for all the offers. I have decided to try out http://servercomplete.com. I will return in a month, and then again in a few months to share my findings.

Please close this thread.

Regards,
Richard Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back