• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

questions about myacen and alwayswebhosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pozi

Hello all. So I decided to go for a paid host taking I cant stay with a free one cos of problems with the bandwidth and I decided to go either for AWH or my acen, but I have two questions:
1. Do they allow .mp3 or .wav files? No warez. For songs Ill get the writen consent from the authors/owners of the copyrights and the interviews will be made by me with the artist consent *its an artist music site*.
2. If I go for one of them and decide or find out a better hosting for me *features that are better for my site* do I have to pay any money? Do I have to stay with the host a minimum of months/year??
Im searching for this info on both sites but thought that some of you may know cos you could be hosting your site with them. Or may work there or something.
Thanks so much in advanced!

Emailing them & asking the first question would be a better option. Myacen has 30 day money back but I'm not sure abt the other.

Re: questions about my acen and alwayswebhosting

Originally posted by pozi

1. Do they allow .mp3 or .wav files? No warez. For songs Ill get the writen consent from the authors/owners of the copyrights and the interviews will be made by me with the artist consent *its an artist music site*.

Hello, Myacen Network allows mp3 and wav files - as long as they are legal.

2. If I go for one of them and decide or find out a better hosting for me *features that are better for my site* do I have to pay any money? Do I have to stay with the host a minimum of months/year??

You can pay on a month by month basis or go for a yearly plan. You do not have to stay a "minimum" of time.

Have G'day,

Luke
Myacen Network

stay away from alwayswebhosting

they are big liers. i was signed up with them, propably their server couldnt handle the big traffic of my site, it was several times down too, and because i was complaining, they told me that it was my sites fault that their servers were down for 2 times!

They (Ronnie) threw me away, suspended my account, of course i didnt receive any money back (even that i havent been for a whole month) and the most unbelievable, when i asked them to give me access for a day in order to make backups of my site (databases, files...etc), they didint do it. I was begging to Ronnie and he was ignoring me. i even called him by phone, he answered and when he heard that it was me, he closed the phone on my face !

Last edited:
Originally posted by amatsoukas
...and the most unbelievable, when i asked them to give me access for a day in order to make backups of my site (databases, files...etc), they didint do it.
Note that with suspended accounts at pretty much any host, you would not be given access, even for a day, so while you find it unbelievable, it is actually normal.

stay away from alwayswebhosting

they are big liers. i was signed up with them, propably their server couldnt handle the big traffic of my site, it was several times down too, and because i was complaining, they told me that it was my sites fault that their servers were down for 2 times!

They (Ronnie) threw me away, suspended my account, of course i didnt receive any money back (even that i havent been for a whole month) and the most unbelievable, when i asked them to give me access for a day in order to make backups of my site (databases, files...etc), they didint do it. I was begging to Ronnie and he was ignoring me, the bastard. i even called him by phone, he answered and when he heard that it was me, he closed the phone on my face !

First of all, calling someone a "bastard" isn't a good thing and it won't help your credibilty either ...
I have no experience with the hosting of AlwaysWebHosting but as I read your message, I can't blame them for removing your account ... downtime caused by your site also effect other websites ... they have to protect their other customers as well.

I hope Ronnie will explain it here ... probably a good reason for it

Originally posted by Chicken

Note that with suspended accounts at pretty much any host, you would not be given access, even for a day, so while you find it unbelievable, it is actually normal.

When i was saying i needed one day, i was actually saying that i needed backups! He could send me the backups. You find it right, to suspend someones the account witout prior notice, and not give backups, for a work that i have spend hours!

if you find it normal, then wait untill you face this too!

Anyway, i am not complaining about the suspension of my account, because he told me that it was my sites fault. of course i dont believe him, either he was lying because i was ready to ask my money back, or because his servers were full and coulnt support my site. But as soon as he suspended my account suddenly, he should have let me at least make backups! The continuous refusal of this, had made me angry, and i believe that he had showed me his real face, behind this "excellent and friendly support mask. The fact that i lost my money too, drived me crazy!

If a site is compromising the server and the other sites on the server, that site will and should be shut down without notice. There's not time to notify you before a shut down when a site is taking down a server. Doesn't work that way.

As I said, suspended sites are rarely given access to the server again. Something would have to be worked out. You may want to request a tar of the folder, and or of the mysql db from your host. Be prepared to pay for this. You may not have to give payment, but be prepared to as this is often way outside of a normal support request.

Originally posted by Chicken
If a site is compromising the server and the other sites on the server, that site will and should be shut down without notice. There's not time to notify you before a shut down when a site is taking down a server. Doesn't work that way.

As I said, suspended sites are rarely given access to the server again. Something would have to be worked out. You may want to request a tar of the folder, and or of the mysql db from your host. Be prepared to pay for this. You may not have to give payment, but be prepared to as this is often way outside of a normal support request.

Anyway, this happened a month ago, i have already forgotten it. Of course after a lot of pressure he gave me backup of my databases at least.

What you should consider is this. Of course, hosts must do their job, and provide good services, and if they are obligated to shut down sites if they have too. i understand this, and i accepted this from the first time. But, when i beg someone to help me, i expept some understanding, that into this account he suspended, was my whole life, a job that i have spend many months and money, and that he could blow all my project up into seconds when he pressed the suspend button...

I am angry tha they didnt show understanding, and that i was seriously begging them to help me...

Well, I'm speaking on general terms of course, not really about your specific experience with that host. It is good you got back ups of the db, as that's gold, I know. Were you able to take the backups and relaunch the site elsewhere?

There does come a point where a sites gets too much traffic and it must be put on a dedicated server (the price of being too popular you know).

Just be glad you aren't Google which (last I saw) had over 10,000 servers runing to power the site. Yikes...

As being a former customer with AWH(before venturing off and becoming my own hosting company) I have to say its hard to believe that he would suspend you for no reason. He offered good services for the prices he offered.

Originally posted by CrystalWeb
As being a former customer with AWH(before venturing off and becoming my own hosting company) I have to say its hard to believe that he would suspend you for no reason. He offered good services for the prices he offered.

i couldnt believe myself you know.

never said that it was without a reason. I blame them for their bad behavior after the suspension. ;)

never said that it was without a reason. I blame them for their bad behavior after the suspension

Sounds like a contradiction with your earlier post:

and because i was complaining, they told me that it was my sites fault that their servers were down for 2 times

Originally posted by neftha

Sounds like a contradiction with your earlier post:

not at all. when someone gives you a reason, doesnt mean that you must believe him too. he should have provided me with a reason, or else he should give me my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back