• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question

Sam2000

Personally speaking, we often tell buyers to watch out for hosts overselling to the max with "200GB Diskspace.."

So...what about MidPhase.com? They have out the box offers, but they've been around for a while. I remember they used to have unlimited bandwidth, etc. Anyone here ever hosted with them? If so, how were they?

Holy crap, that's gotta be the best host I've seen in my life!

And the scary thing is, they seem to be well established, having connections with all the major on-line companies, with their credits and their features are O_O

So I'm thinking they must have really limiting terms of service, so I read them...but no. Nothing. Just the usual "disproportionate use of server resources such as CPU & RAM".

Wow......are they having a special? Or are these their usual prices?

Big names offer huge plans yes.

But the following is the same in any of those hundreds, TBs of GB hosts. You are talking about disk space here, try uploading 100GB of data, they'll tell you "sorry you can't use it for storage".

You can basically use 200GB of space for nothing.

Try using 500GB bandwidth.. then they'll tell you you are using too much shared server resources on a shared server.

Basically it's a no chance no win situation. People buy these plans because it makes them feel good.

Big names offer huge plans yes.

But the following is the same in any of those hundreds, TBs of GB hosts. You are talking about disk space here, try uploading 100GB of data, they'll tell you "sorry you can't use it for storage".

You can basically use 200GB of space for nothing.

Try using 500GB bandwidth.. then they'll tell you you are using too much shared server resources on a shared server.

Basically it's a no chance no win situation. People buy these plans because it makes them feel good.

Agrees - People buy these plans because they like to know that they have more resources then they will ever need. However if it comes to the point where they do need them - good luck.

I dont think that someone would use such tons of Gbs of bandwidth and space.
If you have so high traffic sites you need to go with a unmetered dedicated,due to you will have high server loads.
Choose your host carefully and dont choose only with their prices but with your REAL needs!

Regards,

Personally speaking, we often tell buyers to watch out for hosts overselling to the max with "200GB Diskspace.."

So...what about MidPhase.com? They have out the box offers, but they've been around for a while. I remember they used to have unlimited bandwidth, etc. Anyone here ever hosted with them? If so, how were they?

I've never hosted with them, but I head they're good.

The thing is, telling folks to avoid overselling hosts is a blanket, biased statement. The real truth is that consumers must research prospective hosts, before just jumping in.

Back