• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question to Web Hosting Companies

ilyabern

Hi,

I'm posing this question to web hosters who rent dedicated servers to host their shared clients. Is it a concern to you whether the company from which you rent the dedicated server also does shared hosting? Are you less likely to get a dedicated server from such a company? If yes, why? Is it because you are protecting yourself from that company possibly stealing your shared hosting clients for themselves? Could it be because you would not want to support your competitor? Any other reasons?

Thank you for your insight.

If they have good servers at good prices, I don't care. But I usually get servers straight from Dell or serversdirect.com. Both of which only sell servers.

I don't see why that would be a problem, if they offer shared hosting then good for them, it doesn't mean that they will steal your customers or that they will be less focused on the dedicated server department. The only issue I would have with these companies, is to find out whether or not they are resellers.

I see it as an advantage since they would actually know what the problems are with shared hosting. Liquidweb for instance offers shared hosting and is very sucessful with dedicated servers.

Chances are the Server Provider is in the hosting business and you wouldn't even know it anyway.

Isn't EVERYONE in the hosting business these days?

As long as you dea; with a good company that has good support it doesn't matter. They might even be able to provide a better service as they better understand a webhosts needs. I deal with two great supliers for my servers, both have their own datacenters and one is involved in shared hosting.

Back