• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for the ladies and men with sense of fashion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conscript

NLC
NLC
What do you think of the following clothing items, as in what do they say about a guy, what would you think of a guy wearing them, etc.

And guys, would you wear this? What do you think?

I'm working on reforming my wardrobe and I'm not gay and thus I have no sense of fashion so I am going based on the opinions of those who are more keen on these things.

So here they are (oh yeah and if you want to recommend some item do so here too!)

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/...77685&PrevStyleID=2863304&NextStyleID=2875424

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/...77685&PrevStyleID=2867712&NextStyleID=2864055

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/...77685&PrevStyleID=2860888&NextStyleID=2860619

By all means, I'm not a designer. I just shop at Old Navy. But the first two, no way.

The last one, yes I would wear it. But I don't shop at Nordstorm, can't justify the cost when I get the same or similiar old Navy or Macy's.

Last edited:
Conscript said:
I was told that pink shows confidence and security.

I wouldn't know. Pink just isn't a color I like, nothing about confidence or security. I just like dark colors.

I have recently bought a designer shirt like the first one you posted (except mine is cooler..heh). So, yes, I would wear it. Not a big fan of the others.

The thing about pink is that it seems to be trendy for guys right now. If I make any effort about my wardrobe, it's usually to try and not be trendy. However, women seem to like fashion, and men seem to like women, so even if it is against your instincts to wear something, if it helps you get laid, go for it.

I would wear all of those shirts, but buying is another story.

No way can I justify spending 80 bucks on a shirt. I'll stick to Old Navy for now.

Even though I don't really like pink, I might wear the second one.

But like Phroz said, it's too expensive.

I hope you weren't serious about reforming your wardrobe with these clothes?
I wouldn't wear any of these, except maybe for the 2nd one. The first and last one never, you can do better.

What kind of guy are you, Conscript, and what would you like your clothes to say about you?

I'm guessing "confident, stylish, modern, bold and maybe leaning towards metro. I don't mind the 1st and 3rd shirts, but then I've been known to wear anything and everything in whatever combination I feel like and get away with it. The middle shirt would only be good to wear if you're big enough to kick someone's ---. that way no one will make fun of you. Or, if you're asian I'm pretty sure you could pull it off. I see a lot of asian kids wearing pink shirts with popped up collars.

Where would you be wearing these clothes, and what's your current wardrobe like?

Here's my suggestion. Go to a real life store, and try some stuff on. You get a way better feel for it that way. And if you can, find a girl to go shopping with you, or put an ad on craigslist that you want a personal shopper for a day.

Whenever I need dressier clothes I call up a female friend or two and get them to pick stuff out for me. They love it, and I feel comfortable knowing that I'm wearing clothes the opposite sex finds acceptable.

Also keep in mind that clothes don't make the man. Sometimes a certain look just doesn't work for certain people.

oh yeah, and nitroboy, I'm worried about you. First you mention George Michael, and then you say you'd wear that pink shirt. ;)

Last edited:
My advice...if you want to portray a confident and secure image, nothing shows that more than by going naked. Then everyone will be like "look at that confident guy....that drunk, confident guy"

Judging from past experiences, it seems to do the trick. All the guys in the holding cell sure seemed attracted to me.

yeah, I don't know what you were on to not know that, because I was even all like "Hey there Gayo"

guess there's some truth to the name.

You don't get arrested in Canada for indecent exposure, did you see the naked woman out in public posing, in BC? It was all over the national news, and the cops wouldnt go near her, they just sat back and watched.

Gayowulf said:
oh yeah, and nitroboy, I'm worried about you. First you mention George Michael, and then you say you'd wear that pink shirt. ;)
Don't worry, I like the opposite sex too much to be gay. :biggrin2:
And actually I wouldn't wear any of these clothes. Oh and if you go to Italy, you will notice most of men there wear something with pink, and they aren't all gay. And I also think you can link both Italy and fashion together.

Well I am going for the look that makes people turn their heads and go "whoa whats going on with this guy" like make people think.

Those 3 shirts (among others) were picked out by a girl I know and I ran it by a couple of others I know and these were the ones I narrowed it down to.

The idea is to set yourself apart from everyone else. No one likes boring.

My current wardrobe sucks so I want to re do it from scratch. I mostly have boring tshirts and the usual crap everyone else does, I want to change it to something more exciting.

Last edited:
they are all three very "fashionable" especially the 2nd I like the polo stuff. And as far as people generlizing guys with fashion as gay..so stupid..I am not gay but somewhat metrosexual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back