• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about SI

neftha

Just have a little questions (just curious), why doesn't accept SI publishers from several countries. I for example come from The Netherlands and if I wanted (and I thought about that) I can't even join the programs from SI as The Netherlands are exluded from participation. Seems a little unfair to me. Anyone knows why?

Originally posted by neftha
Just have a little questions (just curious), why doesn't accept SI publishers from several countries. I for example come from The Netherlands and if I wanted (and I thought about that) I can't even join the programs from SI as The Netherlands are exluded from participation. Seems a little unfair to me. Anyone knows why?

kweenie
aanvaarden ze Belgen?? :D

Just to keep it in English :)

No, they don't accept Belgian publishers as well. Looking at the list they hardly accept anything ... it's a large list.

Really find it discriminating. I guess they do that because they have had bad experiences with publishers from these countries regarding cheating. Would be great though to be treated as an individual and not as outcast because I'm Dutch.

If you have a quality site in english which generates traffic conducive to ecommerce then they probably would accept you regardless of your country of origin. You have to email them or call them and make your case to try to convince them.

Archbob as a general rule they don't accept affilaites from certain countries due to high instances of fraud. But some countries they don't accept webmasters from have just been added recently and their webmasters were grandfathered in so that shows they do work with select webmasters from countries on the "banned list".
So like anything in life if you can make another person or company money they will work with you.
So if you have a high quality english language site that gets a lot of high quality traffic I am sure SI would consider working with you, but few sites run by those in China would fall into this class though.

Originally posted by Archbob
There are some countries like china which they accept no affiliates from.

We have had more cheaters from China than the rest of the world combined.

Yikes.

Originally posted by MindRash
Thats because china is like 1/4th of the world lol

Well, duh. I ment this though:

Out of 100 publishers from China, more will cheat than 100 from the US.

I agree with Dan and I am sure that most affiliate program operators would also agree. China definitely produces the highest percentage of fraud amongst all the countries in the world.

I would estimate that over 95% of affiliate applications from China are completed by an individual with fraudulent intentions.

However, it is not always as easy as just looking at the country entered for the mailing address. Within any revenue program, there will be a high amount of applicants from China who sign up with mailing/forwarding address in the United States or Canada.

I though not accepting chinese publisher had something to do with the communist government.

Originally posted by Archbob
I though not accepting chinese publisher had something to do with the communist government.

I think that may play a role in it, but the cheater thing is much more
hurtful to an Internet company than the gov't of the country in
which he resides.

dkAds has had 10 sign ups in the past 24 hours. 8 of them are from
China. 7 of those from China use false addresses. I think that sums
it up pretty well :)

The reason to this is because i'm guessing Standard Internet (robert) are trying to stay away from fraudulent activity, as the Asian countries provide the most fraud in the entire world!

Also, many of the the search results are geared towards "North American" businesses, and Asian (China, India) etc won't convert into sales very often and therefore is a waste to advertisers.

That's my analogy.

Back