• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

question about netscapes free web hosting

jason

i signed up for it, in the database here, it says they offer FTP but i can't find any information on their site about how to access it, any help? do they still offer it? if so what settings do i need to use? also do they have a file size limit? thanks

Originally posted by jason
i signed up for it, in the database here, it says they offer FTP but i can't find any information on their site about how to access it, any help? do they still offer it? if so what settings do i need to use? also do they have a file size limit? thanks

It says FILEMANAGER , I never saw anything about FTP

Re: Re: Re: Re: question about netscapes free web hosting

Originally posted by ibfw
for one, thats a REVIEWERS comments, not a Netscape.com FAQ

plus the reviewer says

Netscape
USA, English
Hosting category: REG
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/

Space 20 MB
FTP Browser

doesnt that mean FTP THRU the browser ? = WEBFTP

No it means FTP or browser.

Originally posted by jason
so no one knows if they really have ftp or not eh?

I don't know but maybe you should try something like this:

FTP : ftp.netscape.com (or ftp.username.netscape.com)
user : username
pass : password

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question about netscapes free web hosting

Originally posted by EpidemiK
No it means FTP or browser.

go to http://mywebpage.netscape.com/

and you'll find

ns_us_file_manager.gif.23423.1.gif

A lot of entries in the FWS.net database are out of date. For instance, they still list Crosswinds.net as having FTP upload capability, and they haven't had FTP on free accounts for 20 months now! Not to mention they still have Gizba.com listed as having only 25 megs webspace, when in fact, they offer 500 megs webspace!

Originally posted by Cracker
A lot of entries in the FWS.net database are out of date. For instance, they still list Crosswinds.net as having FTP upload capability, and they haven't had FTP on free accounts for 20 months now! Not to mention they still have Gizba.com listed as having only 25 megs webspace, when in fact, they offer 500 megs webspace!
actually I dont think they offer any webspace because they take you on the sign up form but never send the email to make it work

Are you talking about Gizba? They don't send you an e-mail anymore -- your account is active immediately after you sign up.

== risky ==

Netscape maybe year and half ago or two had a promotion....now get free webspace at Netscape...

It was obvious on Netscapes webpage....now I don't even think they mention it and any link to it is elusive.

They had a messageboard over websites there.Today its about abandoned or is.

But the place still exists.

I just edited a couple sites there a few days ago.

You need an AOL 'screen name'. Get one by using the instant messenger.

Also I guess anybody can get some free webspace on AOL Hometown but no ftp unless your an AOL INTERNET SUBSCRIBER.

For Netscape FTP the formula is ftp.mywebpage.netscape.com I use it and just have AOL INSTANT MESSENGER user name.

---- but I wonder if I'm the only one still using Netscape FREE Websites...OR AT LEAST they keep the place so secret can you guess when they might terminate it?

Back