• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question about directory hosting

AboutWeb

I was submitting my website to directories today, when I saw a few directories had their account suspended. How is that ? Directory is not allowed on free hosting, on paid hosting or on both ? Did they got suspended because of high traffic ?

Last edited:
Directories sent lots and lots of emails.
My directory sents 3 emails with each submission.

1. Thanks for submitting, your listing is pending.
2. Your listing has been approved/denied.
3. One email to me with every submission.

Free host don't like that much. My Directory isn't that old, but gets about 700 submissions a day, thats 700x3=2100 emails a day!

Thanks for reply sander k, I think I submitted my website to your directory :).
2. Your listing has been approved/denied.
Do you approve a link in the same day ???
Another thing I observe is that few directories that require reciprocal link, after I click submit (at that time they should check my website page if has a link to the directory), I get a white page with a message something like "Allocated memory" exceeded.

Last edited:
I usely approve/denied every 10-12 hours.
They ask for a reciprocal link in the hope to get some kind of page rank from it.
I submit my sites to directories too, thats better if you ask me.

Wow, my listing was approved at your directory, sander. But here is a thing you should fix:
Listing Added: 2010-12-21 19:13:43 Web Archives: Wayback Machine PageRank: 1ex}div.nav A {font-size
div.nav code should not appear on the page

My directory sents 3 emails with each submission.

I second that, but you can limit the number of emails every submission,
if your host don't like it & if they think that you are using too much of server resources
I have adjusted the email thing in my admin panel & now it only sends one email at the time of link submission and another email when
a link is approved/rejected! i am on a shared hosting package at the moment & once had a similar kinda issue with my host -
they temporarily suspended the account stating that i am using too much of server resources & they have to suspend my websites to keep the server alive ... however, they have reactivated it after some time & increased my hosting budget a bit (per month) by putting me on high load sever

Last edited:
They may regard your action as a spam! Then they deny your request for your submitting way or information! You had better check the information and reset it!

Back