• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Quad Xeon, 2GB RAM, 50 GB Traffic - $200/month

They seem to offer 'dedicated' hosting...hence their extremely high prices...

I didn't see their reseller service, but $1 per 3 GB makes me very suspicious...

[Edited by cds on 11-04-2000 at 11:18 PM]

Wow...never mind...the specs on that thing is incredible...now Im really suspicious....

Either they are trying to lose money, or there is some gimick involved. It would take you 6 years to pay off that machine at their prices...and thats saying nothing about hosting and service...

Buyer's beware...if its too good to be true, it usually is...

Check out this one. It appears after you click "order":

"Also Note that we will not setup your server until you confirm to iEscrow that we have shipped the item. Your server comes online within 24 Hours of the time you confirm to iEscrow that we have shipped the item. (This is because many people do not confirm to iEscrow after we have setup the server & we loose funds.)"

They take the money and you´re f***ed right?

Lets put it this way: I would definately not host or buy from them. Anyone with trouble exchanging funds and offering ridiculous prices is enough to warrant my suspicions and my distrust...

Originally posted by tim2

They take the money and you´re f***ed right?

Yup, I would say that is basicly the case. Plus the domain name was registered oct 24 ;)

Tcoy~

I found out the email address they used to register the domain. It's with sub-mail.com. Knowing that Sub-List, a part of Sub-Mail, is an extremely popular warez network, I wouldn't trust him.

This is definately a scam if I ever saw one. They WILL eat your money...

BUYERS BEWARE: Do not use these guys... I just hope people read this thread :)

Since they´re on Alabanza, one of the Alabanza peopel around here probably could tell them what major rip-off one of their customer has started there. Otherwise they may rip off some dozen people ea ~$2,000 and then never been seen again...

Yeah, im starting to think thats their strategy. Hey Peo (if you are reading this), maybe you should have a webspace beware section of your main site...for sites just like this one...

People prob know a lot more than just this one...

Originally posted by cds
HAHAHA...just to be clear, I, CDS, am in no relation to the Chicken Death Squad :D

Every time I see you post, I can't help but think of that. I noticed it right off and cracked a snicker.

Well thats the whole point...they are too cheap to be true. If they really sold at those prices, they would be out of business really quick...its almost impossible to just buy the hardware at those prices...

Anyway, something to think about... :)

If they would buy that components and build their own system (the cheapest way IMHO) they still would end up with around 7,500-8,000 for a Quad Xeon 512, 2 GB RAM, 3+15 Disk etc..., plus there is 12x50 = 600 GB Traffic included, alltogether 2,000 per year. Even if they buy traffic their own for lets say $1/GB there would be only $ 1,400 left to pay the Xeon. Someone here alread said it: They would need to sell the server for 6 years untill they start earning any money. And as for the traffic: Alabanza traffic isn´t even $1/GB right, it´s more like $4-5 per Gig or more? Not to mention the $ 0.34 / GB offer that these guys (server-source) offer along with the "Linux Reseller" package.

So did anyone already tried to order or even DID order or DID actually get the server? If yes I guess you won´t have that server too long..

I think noone in his right mind will fork up 2k for service from a company noone has ever heared off and seems to exist only a little while (judging the domain name is registered only a month ago).

But as always there will be people who'll fall for it. But hey, if you don't do the research you'll have to face the consequences.

Back