• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PSP 2.0 firmware showed off at Sony PS Conference; Sony lies to you once again!

niv

striking reality
NLC
http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/635/635577/vids_1.html

They wanted to show off their AVC capabilities (which they should have gotten right in the FIRST PLACE, they botched up MPEG-4 playback so badly, that only MP4V was supported with minimal settings)...that's fine and dandy and all, but notice where they saved the video:

[edited for correction]
/MP_ROOT/100MAsomething/MAQasdfkljas;ljf.mp4

Whatever was displayed, indeed was AVC, but was 10 MINUTES in length. I don't know of any AVC file that tiny that can be D/Led on a 802.11b connection in less than 8 seconds.

What does this mean? They didn't show the movie they downloaded...but a fabricated clip that probably was run through AVIsynth 35 times [or was overly huge with a very high bitrate]
CHEATERS!!! :tired2:

EDIT:

I applaud their decision to support the MP4 container, even if it was limited...but there are TONS of better formats out there, many of which are OPEN source. I don't think I'll live to see the day Sony managers and designers will actually use their brains and not act so cocky.

Last edited:
i expect that to happen...all those spec release by sony and microsoft for their ps3 and xbox 360...i am sure...the actual spec would be lesser than what they mention...

Companies like Sony always over-estimate their abilities, then they try and cheat their way out of it.

Back