• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Proxy

I can't use a proxy where I am as it is against the law, however here is a reasonably good explanation of what a proxy is, and why people would use it.

[video=youtube_share;0SxgpMjWdos]http://youtu.be/0SxgpMjWdos[/video]

True. I've been using Tor myself, but it has its limitations. For example one can't access YouTube with Tor, also difficult to get on to Skype with Tor (Skype is blocked in this country). Also, Tor is much slower than the other browsers, for logical reasons I guess. Good part of Tor is that one can use it along side other browsers, and keep it open, without having to log in and log out every time. I use it for simple applications like Forums etc. Still can't figure it out but for some or other reason my IP at work has been blocking a Free Website forum I am Moderator off. We've been trying at work to have it unblocked, a few times in a row, but more regularly than not it reverts to being blocked again. So Tor has been very handy for getting round that problem.

I can access any website perfectly fine on Tor (including YouTube), not that much slower either, actually usable than compared to a proxy website like HideMyAss.

I can access any website perfectly fine on Tor (including YouTube), not that much slower either, actually usable than compared to a proxy website like HideMyAss.
Well if you check out the Tor Project page, it does indicate that YouTube is a hit and miss affair - I can't get YouTube at all:

The Tor Browser will block browser plugins such as Flash, RealPlayer, Quicktime, and others: they can be manipulated into revealing your IP address. Similarly, we do not recommend installing additional addons or plugins into the Tor Browser, as these may bypass Tor or otherwise harm your anonymity and privacy. The lack of plugins means that Youtube videos are blocked by default, but Youtube does provide an experimental opt-in feature (enable it here) that works for some videos.

Source: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

Not a big deal for me however, as I can easily use my normal browser for accessing YouTube shows.

To assign these proxies in After Effects CS5, first import the .R3D file into your project. Then, with this original file selected, select File > Set Proxy > File (you can also right-click the file and get a mini contextual menu with this option, as seen at the top of this page). Navigate to the same folder as contained the .R3D file, and select one of the .MOV files, such as the one that ends in _M for quarter resolution

With a web proxy you can unblock sites like gmail and YouTube at your work or school.

Back