• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Promoting a free host

syanet

Signups for me free host have decreased about 50% each day and are now down to almost nothing. I suspect this initial signups were from posts in various forums about my opening.

The question now is where to promote? I submitted to all the search engines on Saturday and I'm not listed yet, and probaly won't be for a while. I submitted to every hosting directory I can find. I'm also going to buy some keywords on Goto.com.

However, this results from all this have been minimal. Maybe some banner advertisments somewhere? I don't really like link exchanges as they won't fit well with my design. Anyone else have promotion idea's for a new free web host?

if anyone ask me where they can get hosting from i'll send them to your site... i hope you don't close any time soon

Don't plan on closing anytime soon. However this lack of signup's recently is disturbing. Are there an e-zines or mailing lists that would be good for this type of company to buy an add in? Or maybe a specific website to place ads on? Any suggestions are welcome.

I remember some people here saying that if you make it, they will come. But this is turning out to be wrong. Also, have you tried submitting to FWS's search engine thingy?

Originally posted by syanet
Signups for me free host have decreased about 50% each day and are now down to almost nothing. I suspect this initial signups were from posts in various forums about my opening.

The question now is where to promote? I submitted to all the search engines on Saturday and I'm not listed yet, and probaly won't be for a while. I submitted to every hosting directory I can find. I'm also going to buy some keywords on Goto.com.

However, this results from all this have been minimal. Maybe some banner advertisments somewhere? I don't really like link exchanges as they won't fit well with my design. Anyone else have promotion idea's for a new free web host?

Sounds Good But.....
The Sing up Is a Little Off the wall
I filled the four fields out and never head back on it
Was it that I did not have enough hits or that I Had To many or that I did not have a web site because I am looking for the best to upload it to

i Will not use any of these for these reasons

http://www.portland.co.uk --------> Singed up Numerus Times and the Sing up Never works
http://www.f2s.com ------------------> Super Slow +PLUS if I what a site that slow id unhook my cable modem and plug the 56K and set up shop………
http://www.datablocks.net ------> The only prob I have here is the db is always down from 12:45am to around 6:00 am and cant CHMOD over to 777
And that become a problem for many cgi & Perl scripts
http://www.netcabins.com -------> There worse then f2s they just plane suck +PLUS they have ugly banners and contently offline cant even Host There own home page right the down there with a free ICQ SITE ;:)

Originally posted by LeX

http://www.portland.co.uk --------> Singed up Numerus Times and the Sing up Never works
You singed at portland.co.uk? What song did you sing? :confused:

OK that is cool I miss spelled some thing. BUT if you cant finger it out--à that just show your just as STUPID and have not Comprehension skills…….

If Ya What to talk Shit about me, at least do not be a Pu55y About, it and b1tch About a miss spelled word. how lame can one get.. I see this all the time a I ‘am so sick of people B I T C H I N G cuzz ß----a miss Spelled BECAUSE----àSomeone spelled a word wrong like you never spell anything wrong ………..

PS GET A LIFE

Now, now children..

You have a big signature. Netcabins had trouble with routing, it's been fine since.

F2s is not that slow - 30kb/s (faster than 56k)
Portland signup does work - I have multiple accounts (way to get more bandwidth for various stuff)

Syanet - Search engine additions are always slow to appear and you soon drop in the listings. I guess signups are slower to hosts now. Not like the personal homepage boom a couple of years ago. I don't, and I doubt other people don't like the hastle of moving a site. Especially people like me who don't have a domain associated with them - although my site isn't really a site, it's a fake site with for me messing with cgi's on a decent server ;)

Originally posted by danialsmith
Originally posted by syanet

Sounds Good But.....
The Sing up Is a Little Off the wall
I filled the four fields out and never head back on it
Was it that I did not have enough hits or that I Had To many or that I did not have a web site because I am looking for the best to upload it to

http://www.f2s.com ------------------> Super Slow +PLUS if I what a site that slow id unhook my cable modem and plug the 56K and set up shop………
http://www.datablocks.net ------> The only prob I have here is the db is always down from 12:45am to around 6:00 am and cant CHMOD over to 777
And that become a problem for many cgi & Perl scripts
http://www.netcabins.com -------> There worse then f2s they just plane suck +PLUS they have ugly banners and contently offline cant even Host There own home page right the down there with a free ICQ SITE ;:)

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Danial Smith is full of it. He's just mad because I deleted his WAREZ sites off my server. Stay away from this guy.

After swearing like that, I knew he was the warez type. Using the so called "l33t" talk was another sign that he was a lamer. And he is.

Well......

Well for one, you could start by answering your sign up requests. I've sent you three emails and you have not replied to one. That isn't to good for your record........
Also, some of your requirements are a little hard to keep up with, the worst being the requirement to ALREADY have a site up. That does not make much sense. Anyway, I'd love to sign up if you would answer me!

[Edited by Zitech_Industries on 02-01-2001 at 09:03 PM]

I changed that policy earlier this week. Anyone can have a site as I now offer subdomains as well. I haven't seen any e-mails from you and usually have less than an 6 hour response time throughout the entire day. Try e-mailing me directly at syanet@neo.rr.com. Like I said to Daniel, I sometimes get blank requests, but usually answer even then.

I GOT IT THAnKS

Originally posted by sanest
I changed that policy earlier this week. Anyone can have a site as I now offer sub domains as well. I haven't seen any e-mails from you and usually have less than an 6 hour response time throughout the entire day. Try e-mailing me directly at syanet@neo.rr.com. Like I said to Daniel, I sometimes get blank requests, but usually answer even then.

Thanks I Got your Email bro.....

But I just up and decided to pay for a DS, so I got one to day I Get a lot of hits a day Now About 600 hits and I also needed the sql and the Other thing I Now have.

O’ BY THE Why, My PxT Board NOT A WAREZ. BOARD. There is nothing wrong with it. I have contacted my lawyer and the local authority, and there is nothing wrong with it + You Did Not make Me Mad For deleting the CGI files I had.

think about how much you are down…..
you think I did not have all my site backed up Pulse I have a domain name and everyone can still fined my site just fine. now 27/7 J and it Look 100% better and the forum is now a tropical fish hobbyist forum for my mom's online store witch I do all that site site building there to……

O YA every one stay away from that guy me is bad news :p
If you need a host that bad email me,

Ill put up 500$ I can keep my 5 (home) PC’s on cable up and stables then net cabins any day I Have had this computer here that I am on now, up for 2 months now. I WILL NOT be as fast as them,,, HUU will Hay mabe i will ,,, but it will always be online………

Ok now with that off my hands GOOD NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by danialsmith on 02-02-2001 at 03:53 AM]

Yeah, sign-up with Syanet so that it won't have to be closed down to low level of revenue and so that I can keep my site, heh.

Back