• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Programming help on a wordpress theme

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
My wife and I are starting a new blog http://www.mothers4mothers.com.

This particular design wasn't the ideal pick, but it will work, till we find something more to our liking.

Anyways, I am trying to figure out 3 things, and I am having no luck thus far.

1. Is there a way to get rid of the links at the top "Home, Calendar, About"

2. Is there a way to remove all the links in the orange menu bar underneath the site logo, as those are categories, and I want them off to the side, and not in their current positions. What I would like, is to have the links from question 1, to go on the orange area under the logo.

3. I have categories to the right, as you will see, but only 1 category is displaying. The rest are displaying under the logo.

Well, I would, but considering I dont know which templates to edit, then cant do that.

Also, a template edit shouldn't be needed to make the categories appear in the correct place.

Can you give me the direct url (by pm or down here) where you got the template, i could edit it for you.
Its proberbly just like 10 minuts of work.

One thing that irritates me regarding wordpress, is there is no default way of adding a logo.

I am trying a different theme, until I can work the bugs on the other one, and this new one, is making it so difficult to add a logo to it!

Sandra,

I decided to go with another theme that is more geared to what the site will be for.

So far, things are good. However, I do not like the logo position. I am sure there is a way to make the logo go up a inch or two, and I tried the <br> code for it, but it is not changing the position.

Hopefully it can be done, but if not, well then guess not lol

Doh! :lol:

I don't use WP ever, and aren't terribly familiar with it, but if there is no mod/plug-in for moving the logo, you're most likely going to have to do it manually in the CSS file. May or may not be easy to find depending on how well they have it commented, but it's usually just a matter of changing the X,Y coordinates to move things around on the page.

I don't use WP ever, and aren't terribly familiar with it, but if there is no mod/plug-in for moving the logo, you're most likely going to have to do it manually in the CSS file. May or may not be easy to find depending on how well they have it commented, but it's usually just a matter of changing the X,Y coordinates to move things around on the page.

I have used WP for a client in the past and you are right, it is CSS.

I looked in there, and there is no x or y setting.

One thing that has me baffled is, that I went to edit the footer.php file. I thought I was adding text like "copyright" well when I pulished the file after I did the edit, it actually delete the whole footer section, and the logo off.

I re uploaded the unedited version of the file, which brought back the footer area, but the logo is no longer appearing.

I dont see what it has to do with it. The code is still in place for the logo, but there is none

That is weird, did you clean your catch yet?

Yes, it is cleared.

I uninstalled and re installed the theme 4 times, and re added the logo and the html for the logo each time.

In the footer, there is this string:

<div class="footer-text">

All I edited was the "footer-text"

Once I uploaded it after the edit, that is when it all messed up, so I went back in, and replace it to what it was before, and it worked, minus the logo

I just deleted the footer.php file via ftp. Only thing that did though was delete the blue bar at the bottom for the footer.

Logo still not appearing. I just don't get it.

I think I am going to ask my hosting provider for help. They normally can solve things for me. I appreciate the help from you guys.

lol they want me to pay $15 to restore it. The hell with them. I will go with another theme for, but I still want to figure out what the hell happened.

I fixed it through pure dumb luck lol.

There is a setting in wpadmin to show headline and slogan. I unchecked them before trying to get the logo to display before editing the footer.

Once I rechecked them, the logo is now back!!!!

Sandra, if you go to http://www.mothers4mothers.com, you will see the 3 widges to the right. Is there a way to move those to the left side?

I looked in the widgets menu, and they arent active anywhere in the widgets section.

Last edited:
I have seen your wordpress blog. you can customize all widget as per uses of it. There are many widgets available in this theme you can use it and make the best out of it.

There are many sites which are offering free templates and you can download these templates and choose one of them which suits to you .

Back